BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Successfully coded my E70

173K views 283 replies 110 participants last post by  kt550xi 
#1 ·
Coded:
1. Windows up / sunroof close with keyfob
2. Mirrors fold on lock with keyfob
3. Disable annoying iDrive disclaimer
4. Hazzard double blink (instead of flash, pause, flash pause, its now flash, flash, pause, flash flash, pause)
5. Foglights active with high beams
6. Corner light delete
7. Digital speedometer (Even though I already have HUD)

I still have to code the trunk close from the button inside and also the keyfob.

#4 ·
Could you show a pic of the digital speedometer please?

#6 · (Edited)
So here are a few videos
1. Double blink hazzard lights

2. Hatch open and close from key fob (or button inside)

3. Mirrors fold on lock and unfold on unlock (from fob or CA), and window up and down from the fob

Pic of M HUD

#7 ·
fantastic, exactly what i wanted on my car.

i could get the cable, software, but where to get the latest data for x5 e70?

for 2011+ model, i assume anything above .38 is fine, saw a few links to .39 .40 .41 .42, even the latest .43 (aug 2011),

but all broken or the torrents are orphaned.

could you please PM where did you get yours?

thanks,

#14 ·
would your codings get wiped out after each dealer visit?

#26 ·
Do you think there could be adverse effects on warranty after coding? I like the new features, but I am afraid in case something happens with the car, BMW will refuse to fix it because of coding

can you also code pulsing panic stop brake light?

#28 ·
Has anyone ever lost any of their initial settings after coding? Or does the backup process prevent this?

I assume we modify a version of the backup with initial features and code this to the ECU, is that correct?

Lastly, how long does the process take?

cheers,

#33 ·
I just had my car coded a few months ago and today I bought it in complaining about the comfort access to the dealer and they didn't seem to notice or say anything, so maybe there software doesn't tell them if some adjusted the mirror settings and what not.

#35 ·
I just added the LCI rear tail lights, and coded the car.
You will need to modify your FA (Vehicle order). You need to add +MUEH to the FA in CAS and FRM. You can follow the instructions here

Once you have done that, you need to code your FRM using the Expert Profile in NCS Expert (which doesn't allow .man manipulation files). This step codes the module so that it knows you are running the LCI tail lights and it disables the brake light out warning. This will reset your FRM and any coding which you previously had in that module, you will need to redo.

As an aside, my old tail lights are for sale :D

#36 · (Edited)
Coded the rear inner tail lights (foglights or brake force display) to light up during normal braking. Also QMVH (lateral - moment distribution - axle) included when you cycle through your "BC" stalk. And the cluster light to be always on even when parklights or headlights are off or as soon as you start the car.

I don't see anything more about the "qmvh" but it's just cool to have it on the cluster. Maybe if somebody can try it when driving in snow and see if those lights beside the wheels changes to see which wheel has the most drive torque. :thumbup:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.