BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

rear view window defroster rattle

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  KrisL 
#1 ·
I have one rattle i would like to get rid off.
In the rear window from side to side there is like a defroster plastic thing, maybe it is to get air out of the cabin, but anyway, it makes some noices in summer when it gets hot, and in winter when the cabin get heated up.

Does anyone know what to do about it? I hate that rattle its the only one i got.

#8 ·
Found out about uploading.

This is the thing that make the rattle you can se it throug the glass, the black plastick thing runing along the glass.
Yeah, I'd see if I could get a sock up there from in the trunk area.

Welcome from Denmark, by the way. I made three trips there in 2005 - I was staying in Købnhavn (right on the Nyhavn) and working in Hørsholm :thumbup:.

#9 · (Edited)
Hi Kris

I live west of Copenhagen /K***248;benhavn, H***248;rsholm is north of it.

Nyhavn is great in summertime:)

Im going to California in september (nevada, arizona and utah too), i have been in San Jose once and i liked it (it was on copco lane), like the weather in CA, it is nok like here en DK.... it rains and rains and... not even no snow yet.

I just took a look at my car, i dont got subwoofer and the fold down seats, i cant come to the plastick thing from the trunk as my pic. shows.

By the way how do you make the ***216; its the second letter in copenhagen i got it on my laptop but it makes funny things when i type it!

Attachments

#10 ·
hm. Perhaps someone that has removed the rear deck can chime in - I've never done it myself. Sounds like you need to pop that plastic piece out from inside the car and use some rubber tape to help keep it snug.

Yes, Nyhavn is awesome in the summer :). I was staying at the 71 Nyhavn Hotel :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.