BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

I am glad I am not driving a semi-trailer...

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  lddrew 
#1 ·
Pulled into a truck stop today among a bunch of semi-trailers and stopped by a pump. The previous customer had put in $728.36 worth of diesel (170 + gallons) :yikes:

#6 ·
I hear you man. It certainly does sting. But I fill up about twice a month so it is really not bad for all the capabilities of a 3/4 ton truck
have you "bulletproofed" the 6.0??
03 6.0's with a straight pipe sound sooo good

#7 ·
Mine is stone stock unless you want to consider running boards and a bed liner as modifications. Up until a few weeks ago it was my primary driver and was filling it up twice a week. I need some spare time to replace shocks on it and get the tires installed, until then I just use it on the weekends these days to keep the batteries at least charged up. Guy down the street from me has a different downpipe and some other exhaust work on his, the turbo on it sounds like a 747 driving down the road, cool to hear occasionally but I bet would drive most people nuts for everyday use.

#8 ·
Yeah they are quite loud. a straight piped dmax (mine) is about as loud as a 6.0 with a muffler lol. I get an awesome rumble and turbo whistle. Not loud in the cab at all though. Girlfriend didn't notice i changed anything until she heard it idling outside

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.