BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Hamann exhaust tips both sides conversion

9K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  kuldeepg 
#1 · (Edited)
I am doing the dual tail pipe conversion to my 730 to look like the 740 and up, both sided exhaust. I am either putting stock 740 exhaust tips or the ones from Hamann. As you can see the 730 only comes with exhaust on one side which in my opinion looks dated for a car of this calibre.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I would try to keep it stock - so If you want to do the 740/750 look, I would opt for the dual rectangular ones - OR - get the quad 760 -

#5 ·
The Hamanns look good imo, however, the new factory standard on many vehicles now is rectangular...Hey Salambo are u doing dual exhaust on both sides, if so do that have to change the rear bumper skirt, how does that work?

#6 · (Edited)
Yes I have to change the rear diffuser(m diffuser for me) which has two holes, it's just the bottom part of the rear bumper, diffuser which comes replaced. I could not wait and sent it in this morning, will be picking it up on Friday, pics to follow. I am also loosing the 730Li badging.

#8 ·
Looks great! Congrats.
Debadging is simple - I did it as well and used dental floss and some good cleaner afterwards.

#13 ·
Hi SAMLAMBO.
I also own a 730 and considering the dual exhaust upgrade, I just wanted to know if the exhaust tips on your right side are connected to any exhaust pipe or are they just installed without being connected, because the 730 has only one side exhaust.

Thanks

#18 ·
I have a 2010 730d BMW, Is it possible to fit a 760 Diffuser on it?

Hey Guys

I have a 2010 BMW 730D which I am going to have dual exhaust system fitted on. Only thing is I need to purchase the Diffuser Myself.

The look I am going for is the 760d Quad Exhaust Tip Look.

I have heard many things and have even tried to search it but haven't really got a proper answer to my question.

I will be going to Germany soon and will visit the BMW manufacture and purchase the parts direct.

I would like to know:

Can you retro fit the 760 Diffuser (Msport) replacing the Diffuser (Msport) on a 730, as a straight fit?

I can get the 760 diffuser from the UK for £181.00 from BMW but I dont want to end up with the part if it doesnt fit!

Or is there another way of doing it using the 740 Diffuser? or Something?

760 Diffuser Part Number: 511 280 473 64
740 Diffuser Part Number: 511 280 473 63

I believe the 760 part number is correct dont know 100% if the 740 part number is though.

Any Help will be much appreciated.

I have attached picture of the rear to this reply.

Please take a look and let me know what you think,

Thank you in advance

Kully

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.