BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Saw an M8 Today

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  bmdubya1198 
#1 ·
Headed in to work and saw a super car up ahead. Was able to catch up to it just enough to see the roundel and M8. Very nice looking ride and seemed to run, well, like a bmw!!! :thumbup:

Jim

#3 ·
i8? Yeah, they're nice!

#4 ·
They are pretty cool, i see one around here every once a d a while.

#7 ·
Someone must have slapped an M badge on it instead. Still doesn't make it a V8 :(

#8 ·
Might have been a prototype. Don't remember the slats across the back window like the 2015 M8 has, but I only got a quick look. He was ahead of me, I caught up because the acceleration was impressive and was going to be next to him at the next light. However, he made a left before we came to the following light which was red. I did manage to get just a peak as I came by him when he was in the L turn lane.

This is quite an oil rich area. The parking lot here looks like Jackson Barrett. Not unusual to see GT40. McClaren. Saw a beautiful Porsche GT3 RS the other day. Always had a fondness for Porsche. Apparently the RS has a "Pit speed" button on the dash!!!

Jim

#12 ·
Only time I saw an i8 in person was in the poorer neighborhood's on the west end of providence.

Either a GPS malfunction, dealer worker took it for a joyride or a drug dealer. Still looked nice and loved the sharp lines and contours and the lighted hood emblem.

#15 · (Edited)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=7387&pictureid=51431
This is the one I saw this past Summer at the BMW driving event, and there's a silver one that drove by my office a couple of times, it goes to either the local BMW dealership or to some exotic car places that are nearby. I loved the sound it makes. The highlight though was last month when at I saw the headlight of a blue Ferrari 458 waiting at a stoplight behind a couple of cars. When the cars in front of it started to move, I was surprised how wide the car was and instantly realized it was not a 458 but LaFerrari. As he drove past me, I recognized the same guy I saw a few year back with a red Enzo. He stepped on it as he went away and it was the most beautiful music I ever heard in a street car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.