BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Dinan Tuning for 7 series 750

68K views 140 replies 37 participants last post by  FULL 6 
#1 ·
#97 ·
The performance is surreal! Congrats!

Did you get it done at Reeves Motorsports?

#100 ·
That's exactly the point. Except when you get it installed and it's really not. You start thinking, ok maybe its faster and pulls a little harder. If they actually installed it obviously it's night and day different.
Like I said before, I'm sure there are people driving around thinking they have it installed and don't.
With that being said, I'm sure if they did do a software upgrade and did not re-install the dinan you would instantly know.

#101 ·
You're right about that:) Nice M Sport by the way:thumbup:

#102 ·
I wish an auto review blog or magazine would review the dinan 750 so we can see the results of more thorough testing.

#104 ·
Dinan F01 upgrade

Been following this thread for quite a while, I made avail of the Dinan upgrade last Dec.
Took advantage of the additional discount.
At first i was skeptical of the tuning upgrade, especially on the commute back from my installing dealer(Crevier), nothing seemed different. Few days later i had the chance to open her up on the freeway and she took off, in the lower gears lower dont feel much but by the time i hit 3rd (i think 3rd) theres a surge of torque and off we are flying, i get a little giddy with all the power at this point, i certainly dont remember that surge b4 upgrade.
All in all well worth the money spent. Have been delaying going for the dyno testing, but will go soon and post details here. I informally clocked the car at 4.3 post tuning.
sk.

#105 ·
the x-drive version still creates problems. don't know if you have same with non-x. the car goes into a "4x4 malfunction" state when you jump on it. I am in touch with Dinan and my tuner and tney say they are working on it. Good news - Steve Dinan has an X drive and apparently has the same problem I do. I do love the performance.....but the malfunction is not acceptable. I will post updates as I get them from Dinan. They seem to be working on it....kt

#108 ·
Hi All... My first post here!

I am really interested in the upgrade for my 750li MSport. I was lurking around this same thread in December to get it with the discount, but business has been up and down for a while now and I just couldn't spend the extra $2500 at that time!. Now that business is picking up again, I think I would take the plunge in the next 30-60 days although I would pay the full $3k + tax now. A couple questions for fellow BIMMERS that have done it -

-Has anybody has it done at Crevier? I think they are one of the only authorized Dinan dealerships around the OC. Did they know what they were doing? Any specific instructions I would need to provide them?
- As you all know MPG sucks on this car as it is (my best since day 1 - including a non-stop drive to vegas - was 16mpg). I saw a post on this thread here about 14mpg, but wasn't clear if that represented less than before? This may not bother me too much, but I do make 100+ mile trip (RT) atleast 1-2 times a week, and gas prices hurt! More principle than pain! When I had the E60 M5 in '07, I couldn't do better than 12.6mpg, and it just bothered me that there were absolutely no options in the car to neuter it to even try to get 20mpg on the highway.
- From 1-10, how happy are you with the upgrade??

Thanks in advance and sorry if I missed this info in some of the other posts. I look forward to chatting more on this forum with all!

#109 ·
Check my post in this section, had mine done at Crevier. Sterling BMW in NB also installs Dinan. You should check out the Dinan website.
Rating on Crevier 1-2, on Dinan Upgrade 10.

#110 ·
Have any of you guys that have done the Dinan ECU flash dyno tested your cars I just spoke to a guy at Singh auto sport asking about the F02 Ecu Flash and he was pretty adamant that the flash could not be done and that Dinan is lying about it. I was about to get mine done but the guy was pretty convincing. i noticed most people here who have it done are not sure they feel a difference in the car.

#111 · (Edited)
There are many takers of the N63 DINAN tune across 6 platforms X6/X5 (Including M/// Variants); F01/F02; F07/F10; that have had their cars flashed. Do you really think all of these folks are too naive to tell the difference?

The difference stock vs. tuned - is in no way subtle.

From first hand experience, it can be done, and has been done - multiple times for numerous owners at this point. Perhaps Singh Auto Sport is referring to their own inability to do so?

#112 ·
You should read the entire thread on the Dinan upgrade. Do you honestly believe Dinan would pretend to install the upgrade for 3k? My 0-60 improved from 5.0 stock to 4.3. I'm too busy to get it dynoed or do I care to. It's a huge difference.

#113 ·
Do you honestly believe Dinan would pretend to install the upgrade for 3k?
They are the premier BMW tuner for a reason. They stand behind their work and just because some people have problems at some sites, does not mean the upgrade is not legit.

The difference stock vs. tuned - is in no way subtle.
After I got the upgrade, I noticed it the moment I got behind the wheel. There is no way you can miss it. If you have doubts, get a dyno, and based on the results, you should go back to where you go the upgrade and demand that they fix it if there is a problem.

#114 ·
Mporcl din an upgrade

My car is a 750 I been too busy to get it dyno'd but the car is just hilarious to drive I grin ear to ear!!!

My mpg has improved by 1. Don't know if that's just the engine improving or if it's due to boost. Thru rotation of cars, I've put about 5k miles in 9 months I usually average about 7k miles a year on my cars. I favor this car more because it's just fun, 5 of my friends also have the same car, we wouldn't buy any other, This really isn't a car that I worry about my mpg on. If I wanted better mileage woulda bought a Prius (which I did consider) (did buy a smart though) it is what it is.

#115 · (Edited)
Had mine done today 10 750ilx. HUGE difference. Just as expected. 80-130 is night and day. Start in sport+ and jump on the throttle at 80. Night & day.

Updated. Car is a rocket, did 4.4 - 0-60, 12.74 1/4. Try sport-plus, manual mode, 3rd or 4th year and push about two inches, you will feel the turbos spool up and push you back in the seat. Car pulls over 120 like it never did before.

#117 · (Edited)
Ok so so far the Dinan upgrade has been awesome. I called my dealer (irvine BMW ) to have my low mileage service done about 7k miles in 14 months ... Guess what happens Dinan gets erased!!!!!

Mind you I informed them three 3 times to not flash or update and that's the first thing they did !!
noticed the power loss leaving dealer getting on to freeway!
They assured me they did no such thing .

Now the problem became schlepping the car to the installing dealer crevier ( aaaggghh!!) to have them check and re install dinan and figure out liability etc

Cars still at crevier apparently their computer is not able to communicate with my car to download/overwrite ??.
Perhaps my car or their car is on vacation for the long weekend????
Anyhow they dont want to return car until next week!,
I'm not happy about this

Is their( dinan) software this fragile will this be a constant issue over the years what about when the warranty ends??.
Do I have to pay every time !!??

I'm beginning to get unhappy

#118 ·
I am doing the Dinan tune next week. I asked what happens if the tune is overwritten back to 'stock'. They responded that it woul dbe reinstalled for free (this wou dbe different dealers). We'll see.

#122 ·
The Dinan website lists all approved dealers.

#124 ·
Satisfactory or not, get it done at a BMW dealer so when your car goes in for service and they wipe it out, they will put it back in.

#127 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.