BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E92 M3 front fogs?

8K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  seaview330xi-ed 
#1 ·
Hi all:

I recently did the headlight switch mod to enable my rear fogs on my 2011 E92 M3 and was wondering if our cars are wired for front fogs.....I modding my switch, I also enabled the front fog switch to work as well.....Would be neat if the wiring was present so that aftermarket front fogs can be hooked up to the factory wiring....any ideas out there....thanks

#2 ·
I doubt there's wiring. There's no factory application for front fog lights. The rears are available outside of the US that's why the mod is available............Phil

#12 ·
Installed front fogs.

Yes, front fogs are doable and I consider essential for NW weather and road conditions. I started the project by following the DIY for activating the rear fog lights and went ahead and enabled the front switch as well. I then installed the new lights in the felt boxes. Easy access by removing a few screws and popping out. I then took the car to Car Toys in Portland, OR for wiring. They informed me that the factory front fog switch is incomplete internally so they installed the aftermarket switch that you see on the left of the main switch. The system works great. Just respect curbs!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.