BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official F10 Coding thread---Exploring Your F10

745K views 1K replies 94 participants last post by  DreamCar 
#1 · (Edited)
I hope this will be the most intriguing thread!

We will discuss all the options available and try to share as much information as possible .

Knowledge Transfer: Find the attached pdf in the below link and go through it ... It will give you the basics to start also check the attached PDF (Thanks to modular93 fox)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6823380&postcount=6 (If the link doesnt work go to post # 6 in this thread)

How to make the Enet cable (You need this cable to connect your car and you laptop), Its not hard to make your own cable.
It would cost around 10 to 15$ to make a cable.

Please use the below link to find the detailed description on how to make your cable (Thanks to IMSw1) and also check teh attached PDF for detailed schematics

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6825214&postcount=52 (If the link doesnt work go to post # 52 in this thread)

List of things that can be programed: (Thanks to All contributing Members)

Please check the Cheat Sheet for the list

Data Files Required to code your car:

F001 psdzdata covers the F01/F02/F04 7-series and F07 5-series
F010 psdzdata covers the F10 5-series and F12/F13 6-series
F020 psdzdata covers the F20 1-series and F30 3-series (There is no Z4 F-chassis yet)
F025 psdzdata covers the F25 X3-series (There is no X5 F-chassis yet).

More details in the below Link:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6827272&postcount=91

Cheat Sheet:

What Module to modify.. What Parameter and What value will be explained in the attached cheat sheet... This will have all our new discoveries going forward.

This thread is dedicated to help fellow festers! Will add more details as and when available just follow the thread for updates!

Volunteers: People who can install for others /Willing to help others with installation

1) DreamCar (NJ,MD)
2) Shawnsheridan (Houston,TX)
3) Imsw1 (Dayton, OH)
4) Svache (Oahu.HI)
5) hd750Li (DFW, TX)
6) wdimagineer (MD)

This is just the basic info... Will add more info in next two days

All the credit goes to Sean and Shawn

Disclaimer: Try it/use it/ request it at your own risk and blah blah and all that cra*P.......

Important: Please dont use "Quote" when replying... In that way it will be less cluttered and easy to browse once it is sticky... :thumbup:

Sub Threads:

SLI :http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6863231#post6863231

For the video lovers here is teh feast:
http://youtu.be/1dzvhZggafg

http://youtu.be/HdgecnfqoDg

Transfering your phone ring tone to your car.

Before

http://youtu.be/EG4MR-o1eSg

After

http://youtu.be/WuLUgAGypfw

Attachments

See less See more
#1,471 ·
Hey guys, don't remember if we've covered this before or not, but I have a dumb question: can I use my 46.3 data files to code for people who have old software? or maybe pre-global software update? There are a couple people asking for my help in Chicago and I want to make sure I'm able to do it if they don't have the Global Update.

Thanks!

#1,472 ·
Hey guys, don't remember if we've covered this before or not, but I have a dumb question: can I use my 46.3 data files to code for people who have old software? or maybe pre-global software update? There are a couple people asking for my help in Chicago and I want to make sure I'm able to do it if they don't have the Global Update.

Thanks!

#1,473 ·
Yes..it's no problem. It's only a problem the other way, when the car has newer software than your E-Sys PSDZdata files.

#1,474 ·
thanks man, appreciate it!

#1,475 ·
Thanks to all the contributors to this thread, I will be doing my first coding this weekend on my 2012 535i, My question is I would like the steps how to backup all my car current coding before I make any changes, and also how would I restore my backup if my car is gonna be service by the dealer?. (Will be serviced for hesitation bug). Thanks

#1,476 · (Edited)
Have followed the topic some while, my cable is on its way, got the files already. Great thread!

Now, my first questions already:

1. has anyone been able to disable the speed limiter of the car itself? I mean the DME value which limts the car to 250 kph? Not to confuse with any speed warnings...
(I know it will mostly have a meaning in Germany ... :) )
2. Did I get it right that I can enable digital tach in my dash? (Have the extended cockpit version, thus all you can order but no HUD)

#1,477 ·
@mrbombastic;
To backup of the CAFD files from your car, as soon as you start reading the CAFD files from your car, E-Sys automatically stores the files into "C:\ESysData\CAF". All you need to do is to copy these files and store them somewhere safe. It's best is to make a new copy, and keep all previous ones, every time you want to code, this way you always have a copy of the last working version.

User April1 created this nice batch file to do just that:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6916623&postcount=21

It will take all the files in C:\ESysData\CAF and move them to a Time & Date Stamped Folder based on the Batch Execution run time.

Also, you should read this document:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=328372&d=1339151911

#1,478 · (Edited)
@Ray_S;

In the F10 DME, there was an specific code to disable the speed limiter, but I can't remember off the top of my head what it was. If you can't find it, you can try adding S231A DELETION VMAX (250 km/h limitation) to the VO order, and recode (CODE not CODE FDL) the DME module.

As for the dash, you can enable Digital Speed, not Digital Tach.

#1,479 ·
#1,480 ·
Do you guy know where to find a concise VO/FA list? I find info scattered, very little condensed on F1x series
Perhaps we could collaborate and make it a sticky worthy post...

#1,485 ·
Can someone tell me where I can get a working copy of E-SYS with a token? I've been all over the internet looking and come up short. I am willing to pay for a copy. Thanks
Obviously you didn't read/follow post 1479 above...

#1,488 ·
#1,489 ·
Anyone know what these two mean:

F10/F11 X CAS 3002 CLM OPEN_RSCR_WITH_REMOTE_KEY_SPFN aktiv / Werte=01 nicht_aktiv / Werte=00 Comment = Remote Key opens with a 4th button tailgate or rear window (active)

F10/F11 X CAS 3002 CLM REAR_SCREEN_IS_PRIMARY aktiv / Werte=01 nicht_aktiv / Werte=00 Comment = Remote Key opens with 3rd button tailgate or rear window (active)

Also, is there a way to change the directionals from 3 to 5 flashes?

#1,490 ·
Hey Gents, can someone help me?

I changed region code from 1 to 2 and front display shows me only menu of DVD disc and Rear DVD still says unknown code. I guess we changed wrong player. Can someone please tell me how I can change it for back DVD and why the front one doesn't play it?

Also vehicle profile still says:
[102] 697_DVD_CODE_1_US_CAN

#1,491 · (Edited)
Hey Gents, can someone help me?

I changed region code from 1 to 2 and front display shows me only menu of DVD disc and Rear DVD still says unknown code. I guess we changed wrong player. Can someone please tell me how I can change it for back DVD and why the front one doesn't play

Also vehicle profile still says:
[102] 697_DVD_CODE_1_US_CAN
For the front, since you are not getting an "Unknown Code" error, it looks like the coding of Area-Code 2 for DVD worked. I'm not sure why it isn't playing the DVD though. Are you sure the DVD is Region 2 coded, and again, is the DVD NTSC encoded, as I doubt PAL encoded DVD's will play at all, no matter if the DVD Player's region matches.

As for the Rear, I do not know for sure, but it should have it's own ECU, likely called RSE. In it, it should have the same parameter, or something very similar in name as the CIC AREA_CODE_DVD setting that can be changed as well.

I would not worry about the VO Option, as your FDL Coding is overriding that. It would only revert back to the VO if you later decided to CODE the CIC and RSE modules based on the VO. Just as an FYI, these are the factory Option Codes for DVD Regions:

S697A Area-Code 1 for DVD
S698A Area-Code 2 for DVD
S699A Area-Code 3 for DVD
S700A Area-Code 4 for DVD
S701A Area-Code 5 for DVD
S702A Area-Code 6 for DVD

I do not think there is a factory Option Code Area-Code 0 for DVD "All Regions", although it may be an FDL Coding option. I don't know without looking. I don't think either that there is a factory Option Code "ALL", although there is an FDL Code setting of "alle_anderen / Werte=00", which is "all other". This is confusing, as it is unclear if it includes or excludes the U.S. Usually Region "ALL" means it can play discs with any region flag set, however, "ALL OTHER" indicates perhaps something else. One BMW Document I read states "all countries excluding the USA."

A few words of CAUTION taken from the "E70 Rear Seat Entertainment" manual (RSE):

"The DVD area code can be changed during coding only if mileage is below 60 miles on the odometer."

I am not sure I believe this.

"The RSE control unit permits a maximum of five area code changes, then the area code of the DVD most recently inserted is stored in the RSE control unit. As a result, only DVDs with the area code defined in the RSE control unit can then be played"

This I believe, I know someone with an F25 that retrofitted his CIC, and he changed his AREA_CODE_DVD setting one too many times, and it locked in the last setting and he was unable to FDL Code it anymore.

"The number of changes still possible and the area code currently set can be issued in the BMW diagnostic system under RSE control unit functions"

I wonder if this is a setting that can be coded, effectively resetting the change count back to 5?

"Changing the area code in the control unit by coding reduces the number of possible area code changes. If changes are no longer possible, the control unit must be replaced when a DVD with a different area code is to be played."

I think rather than replaced, the firmware can be flashed, resetting the change count.

#1,493 · (Edited)
Yes, that is what I wrote above. You needed to code the RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) ECU too.

Try playing a DVD coded for region 1 though using the alle_anderen / Werte=00 (all other) setting. It is unclear if this will allow playing Region 1 DVD's (U.S.), so it would be good to know.

Was Area-Code 0 for DVD an option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.