BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

My B and W fell off

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  vstM3 
#1 ·
I opened the ash tray today and found an alum/metal "B" inside, at first, I had no clue then I realized it was from the BMW sills plate (driver side). Probably the dealer washing guy put it there after it fell off. I am still missing the W. This is weak.. Had the car for 3 months new. Does anyone know if the dealer can replace the letters or need the whole sill replaced? Better yet, are the letters available for purchase? Thanks
:mad:

#3 ·
And here I was excited thinking there might be a new audiophile speaker option - Bowers & Wilkins :D

#4 ·
It seems to be a common problem. It happened to me on Saturday - missing the M. I drove strait to dealer in the morning. Dealer asked me if I still had the metal letter so they could glue it back on. I said no (I had it but it was kind of mangled and thought it dumb that they would attempt to glue back on). So, they replaced the sill plate while I waited.

Absolutely nothing else went wrong with the car for nearly four days.

#9 ·
One of the letters fell off of the pax sill plate on mine at about 1yr. Went to dealer, they said to bring back at end of week and they would have new sill. Fifteen minute job once they had the part. Cool, no appointment no waiting. :)

#10 ·
The dealer replaced mine a few weeks ago because the "B" fell off. They didn't give me any issues -- they just ordered the part and installed it when it arrived (under warranty).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.