#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
2016 F10 5 Series pricing and ordering guides are now available -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=847383

2015 BMW 5 Series Sedan

Changes to the standard equipment:
  • Sport Leather Steering wheel is now standard on all models
  • LED fog lights
  • Hands-free Bluetooth and USB audio connection (6NH) is now standard
  • Comfort Access is now standard on 550i and 550i xDrive models.

Lines and Packages changes:
  • Modern Line (ZML)
    • No longer available
  • Luxury Line (ZLL)
    • No longer includes 255 Sport leather steering wheel or 5A1 LED fog lights on 528i, 535i, and 535d, and ActiveHybrid 5 models (now standard)
  • M Sport (ZMM)
    • No longer includes 5A1 LED fog lights (now standard)
  • Executive Package (ZEC)
    • No longer includes 322 Comfort Access on 550i models (now standard). 4M5 Leather dashboard is now included and pricing is unchanged at $4,300
  • Technology Package (ZTP)
    • Addition of a demo mode demo mode for Head Up Display.

Changes to standalone options:
  • 248 Heated steering wheel (included in ZCW Cold Weather Package) - when turned on, there will be a new symbol shown in the instrument cluster to make it clear the feature is activated.
  • 4CK Light Fineline Wood Trim is no longer available due to the deletion of the Modern Line
  • 6NS Enhanced USB & Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration released as standalone option
  • 6UK Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection option price reduced from $2,600 to $2,300

Paint and Upholstery Changes:
  • B40 Liquid Blue Metallic is no longer available on the ActiveHybrid 5
  • LZLZ Black Nappa leather released as an available (no-charge) upholstery in combination with ZMM M Sport and ZLL Luxury Line
  • All ZML Modern Line-specific upholsteries have been deleted

BMW 5 Series Sedan Pricing and Ordering Guide (including $950 Destination and Handling):

F07 BMW 5 Series Gran Touring pricing and ordering guides

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I knew the Modern Line would be gone -- nobody gets that, just like the 3-series ML was dropped. The lines are dumb, maybe they'll be gone completely in another year or two. The content of the Luxury Line is now so low, it's dumb. But darn, sport steering wheel and fogs are back standard again on the 535i, oh well.

#7 ·
My only issue is how the interior will look with a black walknappa dash (I believe) and black nappa on the seats, because the doors will still be plastic. You lose the uniformed look unfortunately.

Just to add, my CA told me the price increase on the 550 is only $250. Haven't seen it in writing, but that's not bad for what was gained. We'll see if it holds true.

#11 ·
Is 6WA the current Extended Panel display? Although I love it for its classic simplicity, and although I almost certainly can't get another F10 due to aforementioned height mismatch issues, having 6WB I thought would be something I'd look for in my hypothetical next F10. And although certainly not necessary especially considering the segment rivals still mostly strongly lacking to its powertrain, I also kind of hoped for a power increase (or N55HP, although if I were to pay up for a 640i next, I'd switch to the "I'm pissed that the 535i gets the same damn motor and I have to pay a buttload more") side. :D

Also, am I right in seeing that there's no more Dakota black and the only black is Nappa? Finally that means cars stocked on lots will all have Nappa. Big selling point for a car of this class when the E Class comes with plastic seats and its rare and expensive leather option is a low grade, pebbly one. Not to mention, even the new S Class doesn't come with Nappa as standard (uses the same grade as the optional E Class leather), Nappa being an option that you have to pay for on it.

The Executive Package only seems to come on 550i's?

#15 · (Edited)
Also, am I right in seeing that there's no more Dakota black and the only black is Nappa? Finally that means cars stocked on lots will all have Nappa. Big selling point for a car of this class when the E Class comes with plastic seats and its rare and expensive leather option is a low grade, pebbly one. Not to mention, even the new S Class doesn't come with Nappa as standard (uses the same grade as the optional E Class leather), Nappa being an option that you have to pay for on it.

The Executive Package only seems to come on 550i's?
Black Dakota is still there. I am glad to see black Nappa there too, since Nappa is so nice and so classic in black. It it looks like they dropped the light wood which I ended up liking more than I thought I would.

#12 ·
OP - can you please consolidate your thread by adding the pricing guide too? The base prices have changed for all cars......luxury line costs less now, select options cost less, some no cost options are added). I don't want to start a new thread or add one here (poster number 12).

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#14 ·
I would if I could. I wasn't sent a pricing guide, just the ordering guide. If you have one please post and I'll add it to the OP.

#25 ·
What is this option: Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration?

I'd like to know this as well. I wonder how $500 "enhances" this option? Maybe they're introducing some new technology, although I haven't seen anything press wise. If I recall correctly, smartphone integration was $150 before, was it not?

#17 ·
Another one who'd love to have Black Nappa! Grrrrr....

Also, it seems the M-Sport now has an increased top speed limiter regardless of tire type? 130mph was a real drag on the autobahn...literally.

#21 ·
Nope, same as before:
"Notes
2NB (all-season tires) will delete 840 (increased top speed) from the order
2ND (performance tires) will add 840 to the order"

thankfully the 704 sport suspension stayed.

#19 ·
Can't tell from the guide but curious if you can get light colored carpet with the Ivory Nappa leather interior or is black the only option with all leather colors now that the Modern Line is gone?

#22 ·
What I'm not curious of is if there are any improvements to the car, whether mechanically or in tech, any exterior (doubtful) or interior bits changed/added, etc. I guess we need to await a word from BMW on that, but I'm not sure if they do press-releases for standard year-over-year changes?

#41 · (Edited)
This has some info: http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/771513/bmw-announces-model-upgrades-for-the-summer-of-2014/

The key excerpt is here:

A richer experience thanks to intelligent networking: 8-speed Steptronic transmission with proactive drive system.

From the summer of 2014, the new 8-speed Steptronic transmission with a proactive drive system will also be available for the models of the BMW 1 Series, BMW 2 Series, BMW 3 Series, BMW 4 Series and BMW 5 Series. On vehicles equipped with a navigation system, the proactive drive system ensures that the moment to shift gears is precisely adapted to the prevailing driving situation even if the navigation system is not active. The Proactive Driving Assistant works in tandem with the navigation system and ***8220;sees***8221; a bend or a roundabout ahead and takes into account turn-offs and motorway exits. If the vehicle is approaching a roundabout or a bend, the transmission automatically changes down to the most appropriate gear, making optimum use of the engine braking effect. Subsequently, the system again shifts to the optimal gear for accelerating out of the bend. Furthermore, unnecessary gearshifts and hunting between bends are avoided through intelligent interaction with the navigation system.

#28 ·
The advanced bluetooth is for music streaming as opposed to telephone in the basic setup I believe. Maybe some coding can unlock the feature. Also, good to see Cinnamon brown make a comeback. Love the color, not as dark as the Mocha pictures I've seen.

#37 ·
If you recently ordered your 2014, didn't you get the $1,500 option allowance? So effectively a 2015 would cost you $1,775 more ($250 price increase, $25 destination increase, $1500 foregone credit) to get the sports steering wheel and fogs in the 2015. I'd rather have the $1,775.

#33 ·
Wonder if LED front turn signals are coming back along with the foglights, or if the 2015s without LED headlights will still have the cheap-o incandescent bulbs.

#36 ·
I didnt see any option in the build sheets for 4-zone climate control

#43 ·
This has been a special-order (requires BMWNA approval) thing since 2013 (?).

I wish it came back - my daughter has been sweltering in the back of my car and I can't figure out how to cool it down. The added B-pillar vents make a huge difference, IMHO.

#72 ·
I was told that the 2015 5-series order guides and pricing have been rescinded --- that they had been released in error. They are supposed to be re-released in a week or so. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone ordered a 5-series --- and had the order accepted by BMW --- based on the rescinded ("effective May 19, 2014") guides/pricing?

#75 ·
Where is the regular (non-active) blind spot warning system? I see the active system listed as part of the Driver Assistance Plus package, but I don't see a passive system either as standard or as an option. Is there no passive system?
The only passive system would be a special mirror with a convex curve. The euro mirrors have this built in them. The US versions do not.

#76 ·
Perhaps my question was not as clear as it should have been.

When I say a "passive" system I mean a system that indicates, usually with a light and perhaps a sound, that there is a car in your blind spot. When I say an "active" system I mean a system that actively discourages you from changing lanes if there is a car in your blind spot. Some cars vibrate the steering wheel to do this, or use other active measures.

Cars that provide the first type of system seem to be increasingly common, even among non-luxury brands. Luxury brands usually offer the first type as a lower cost option and, in addition, offer the second type at greater expense. See the Audi A6, for example.

I am planning to get a 2015 535i and would like to get the first type of blind spot warning system. I am trying to figure out what options I need to order to accomplish this.

Thanks.

#77 ·
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-d...es/cars-making-blind-spot-less-dangerous1.htm will explain the difference between active and passive.

So yes they have an active Blindspot detection
No the USA does not have a passive Blindspot detection
Yes there is an active lane departure warning system
No the system down not pull you back in the lane like Mercedes does but it does provide a visual warning and vibration in the steering wheel

Driving with instinct: the BMW 5 Series Sedan provides discreet support and active assistance to help avoid dangerous situations. Radars and cameras monitor conditions and warn the driver of lane changes and vehicles coming too close.
At the rear of the vehicle the Active Blind Spot Detection uses radar sensors to inform the driver via a symbol on the wing mirror if there is a vehicle currently in their blind spot or if a vehicle is approaching quickly from the rear. As soon as the driver uses the indicator to change lanes, they are warned in potentially dangerous situations by a flashing LED signal and vibrations.

The camera positioned at the front of the vehicle assists the Lane Departure Warning system. When travelling above 43 mph the system monitors road markings and their position versus the car as well as the edge of the road or lane. The system is activated whenever the vehicle leaves its current lane unintentionally and alerts the driver by making the steering wheel vibrate. When the driver indicates an intention to change the lane by using the indicator, there is no warning signal.

#81 ·
Does anyone know if the new standard LED foglights will be similar in appearance to those on the Modern/Luxury lines of 2014, i.e. part of the black plastic/chrome under the bumper?

Is the sold black plastic with simple horizontal chrome line through it from the base MY2014 completely gone now?

Also, the chrome rear bumper strip from the Modern/Luxury lines--is that also now standard across the board, or will it only be in the Luxury line?

Thanks.

#82 · (Edited)
Does anyone know when the official production begins on 2015 5series? Put in the order on June 18, was told to wait for early july for the update on production date.
2015 550i
Alpine White
Black Nappa (M-Sport line)
Anthracite wood trim
Cold weather pkg
Executive pkg
Lighting pkg
Bang&Olufsen sound

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.