BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMWs in film/TV

16K views 85 replies 51 participants last post by  SERIOUS 5! 
#1 ·
(Not sure if this belongs in off-topic...)

Name some films or shows and what kind of car(s) featured. BMW Films and background vehicles don't count. :)

The Italian Job - 850?
Bourne Identity - E46 3 sedan (chrome vertical slats?)
Snatch - E28 5er (Sol and Vincent's car late in the movie)
The World Is Not Enough - Z8
Ronin - E34 M5
The Peacemaker - E28 5er
Tomorrow Never Dies - 750iL, some BMW motorcycle :p
Golden Eye - Z3

The O.C. - the Cohens' 7er, Summer's E46 vert

#6 ·
Gone in 60 Seconds -- e39 (540iA) used by the police to chase Cage's Mustang

The Score -- De Niro drove an e31 (840?).

#8 ·
A chase scene on a beemer in Tomorrow Nevr Dies, and the infamous 740 in... was that Tomorrow Never Dies, too? They all blur... Angela has a white E36 in American Beauty.

#9 ·
In "The Last Run" with George C Scott (great movie, btw, it's from the early 70's) there are some shots with a mounted camera at speed while Scott drives a mountain pass at high speed.

The camera is pointing right at the right rear tire/wheel of the 503 convertible. Here you can see clearly, what positive camber is all about and why it's so potentially deadly.

Also, in these same scenes, there's lots of tire distortion as the slip angles build up.

Fun stuff....

Ed

#25 ·
BlackChrome said:
I'd like to add...

The Transporter: e38 of some sort (735i? 730i?)

Clueless: e36 'vert

The Game (starting Michael Douglas): e38
My middle son just rented "The Transporter" for me; if I recall correctly, it was a 735i.

Oh, it was enough to make a Bimmerphile weep; you see The Transporter (can you say, "The Hire"? :D ) washing his lovely Bimmer (doubtless with Meguiar's Car Shampoo :p )- and later the bad guy blows the man's Bimmer up! :mad: - oh, that hurt!

I think a Mary J. Blige video (and the only reason I know about this is because I was shopping with a son in a 'hip-hop' clothing store) features a black 745i??????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.