BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

One touch turn signal blinks 5 times instead 3 times

65K views 50 replies 26 participants last post by  shawnsheridan 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

As we all know the F10 has one touch turn signal blinks 3 times and it blinks constantly when you push it harder. My question is how to change the value via e-sys from 3 times to 5 times?

Thank you so much!

#10 · (Edited)
you got it :thumbup:

my F30 doesn't have FRM Modul but i found Blinkzyklen_Anzahl_Tipp in FEM-Body

there is an other Option like PIA-Blink... some like this. This Wert must be set to "Mehrfach Blinken" its in the Description of Blinkzyklen_Anzahl_Tipp

i changed the Werte-Value up to 5 and it Blinks 6 Times

so
Comment is not nessesary, after changing the Value it sets to UNKNOWN but dont matter
0 = 1 Blinking
(1 = 2 Blinking)
2 = 3 Blinking
99 = 100 Blinking

Have Fun!

sry for my english speaking :p
its "only" lerned shool-english

#9 ·
Original values for me are einmal/werte=01
And comment is saying 0 - einmal and 2 - dreimal
Kind of misleading...
I would expect seeing dreimal/werte=2 cause the three blinks are enabled in idrive.
Right ?

So... how do we add/change fünfmal or sechsmal ?

#12 ·
Weird,

I have tried all kinds of value to put in Blinkzyklen_Anzahl_Tipp (such as Werte=01~10) but nothing change at all. After I change the value instead of default, I still can change blink once or triple in iDrive. Did I miss something?

#13 ·
I wouldn't expect the iDrive choice to change, only that if Triple Turn is checked in iDrive, it will physically blink what ever number of times you have the Werte Value set to.

#18 · (Edited)
FEM-Body on F30 should be equal to FRM on F10 like chriss88 mentioned

i captured it against with 4 Impulses and both changed/important Values

here the exact path´s for me

FEM-Body
-> 3060 LceMaster, 1C
---> Blinkzyklen_Anzahl_Tipp
-----> einmal, dreimal (not important)
-----> Werte=XX (your wanted Impulses, 0 conforms 1 - 09 is 10)

and

FEM-Body
-> 3064 LceConfiguration, F6
---> Pia_Default_Tippblinken
-----> Einfachblinken, --> Mehrfachblinken <-- (Choose Mehrfachblinken)
-----> Werte=01

if you dont have FEM-Body or FRM try to hit "Read Coding Data" on all Modules and open each one itself and search for "blinkzyklen" and "pia". i got for each searchstring only one positiv hit!

i also checked how the car will react after i uncheck the idrive "3 times blinking" and activate it again
unchecked it blinks only 1 time, after checked it it blinks 4 times like i coded it.
so the checkbox doesnt set the value to "3 mal blinken" but rather only activate the "Mehrfachblinken" with the Werte-Config in Blinkzyklen_Anzahl_Tipp

Hope you can get it work!

#19 ·
Still weird~

My F10 has "Blinkzyklen_Anzahl_Tipp" but nothing is called "Pia_Default_Tippblinken". I have checked each ECU I have shown on E-sys, Also I tried to find the keyword "Mehrfachblinken" under FRM is also nothing found. Does anyone who has F10 get the issue with me?

Thank you!

#23 · (Edited)
I may be completely wrong
But In our very initial findings... We believed that pia is basically to mark the parameters that can be exported in to profile ... Per say if we have hud turn signal pia and if we enable it then it will be part of the XML when We export the profile and We can import into other car like a loaner so that we don't have set them again in that car.,,

if it is the case then we can ignore that setting if you look around you will find lot of pia parameters

#25 ·
In our very initial findings... We believed that pia is basically to mark the parameters that can be exported in to profile ... Per say if we have hud turn signal pia and if we enable it then it will be part of the XML when We export the profile and We can import into other car like a loaner so that we don't have set then again in that car.,,

I may be completely wrong but if it is the case then we can ignore that setting if you look around you will find lot of pia parameters
I think PIA is, or has become, more than just Profile related. According to this thread:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645540

The new 2013 models with the HU_NBT CIC now require HUD_PIA_BLINKER to be set in order for the HUD Turn Signals to be even functional, so it is conceivable here too that Pia_Default_Tippblinken or its F10 equivalent if it exists is required in order to change the number of flashes.

#26 ·
Just a thought, but has anyone tried changing this:

SCHWELLE_TIPP_RETRIGGER = wert_01 / Werte=08 = retrigger time for turn signal [Value x 80ms]

#33 ·
hey, just got a 13 550 and it doesn't have the one touch turn signal option (or I don't know how to activate it?). When I tap/touch the turn signal it blinks once but I thought it was supposed to blink 3 times? Any thoughts or way to change this?

thanks

#34 ·
This is standard functionality. You have to go under the Options in iDrive and check the check-box for triple turn-signal.

#39 ·
Hello!

This code is not possible for F10, only for F20/30 (same like light in the door handle during reversing).

CU Oliver

#41 ·
Hello!

BMW changed this option in F30 since the update from 16-11-50x. After this i-level you cannot set it to 5 times.

CU Oliver

#42 ·
Thank you so much for the help! And there is no way using another code to get this done I suppose? Also, is there a way to get an updated version of the coding sheet for the F30. The one I am using is really great but is more then 2 years old...

#44 ·
Hello!

This function was deleted from BMW. You can get it when you downgrade your ECU to an older i-level.

CU Oliver

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.