BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bmw ci

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  thomasgrant57 
#1 ·
alright so i want to get a convertible, 330 to be specific. what do you guys think? any draw backs? :):):):):):)

#3 ·
'Verts are nice if you have a favorable climate.
They tend to squeak and rattle more though.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using BimmerApp.

#5 · (Edited)
I've had my 330cic ten years now and still love it. It is much "tighter" then the e30 it replaced and has held up well, although it has lived a charmed life and only has 50k miles.

Drawbacks compared to a hard top version are:
- More wind noise than a hard top when the top is up.
- people with legs don't like to be in the back seat.
- Can't fold down the backseat which limits cargo carrying duties

I would highly recommend the wind blocker. Huge difference with it on / off and how much top down freeway driving you can stand.

On the squeaks and rattles, mine does not have any. I had one squeak when the car was under warranty, went to dealer, came back with the same squeak. I spent 30 minutes messing around with the back seat cushion and the squeak was gone and has not come back.

It's a great ride and the prices have really come down.

#10 ·
I just bought a coupe. I looked for quite a while and drove a lot. I was debating weather I wanted a convertible or a coupe. I drove both, in both the 325 and 330 models. I ended up buying a 325. I am very satisfied and happy with my decision. I think if i would've bought a convertible I would've had regrets. I live in Indiana, so the weather isn't that great majority of the year. I think there are less issues you have to worry about, and I noticed a difference performance and handling wise! Hope that helped!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.