BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Weird Problem... Vanos Growl plus Missing oil..

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  lutfiali@izzi.c 
#1 ·
Basically I lost a lot of oil over the past 2 weeks. I have a few small drips on the driveway but not enough to drain the entire car... The car does not smoke, and leaks very little... Where the hell is my oil going?

#3 ·
Why does that happen? I haven't looked yet but if it's there what is the cause?

#7 ·
the oil usually stays in the spakplug well until it is removed by someone, or someone removes the sparkplug and the oil goes into the cylinder.

if you have a leak onto the ground, i do not think that it would be possible for the gasket o-rings around the plug wells to do this. the valve cover itself could, if it progressed long enough.

i would suggest getting it checked out. it could be an oil pan seal, oil filter housing seal, front timing cover gasket, and such.

df

#8 ·
I have the same problem too a few weeks ago. I noticed a patch of oil where i park in my office parking. I sent to the garage, got it inspected, it turned out that the oil leaked through the gasket for the engine upper half cover/valve cover? My mechanics tightened a few bolts of the cover and the oil leakage seems to stop. I am still monitoring whether there are any other source of leakage, hopefully not.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.