BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

V8 Conversion for E36 325ic 1994

13K views 45 replies 20 participants last post by  e30e 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard of a V8 conversion usually using a Lexus V8, into a 1994 E36 325ic, I have come across some one-off conversions in Brisbane, Australia, but would like to know if anyone has any info on this process.:D

#45 · (Edited)
OK wow!!! This is a real sour point with me. HOW CAN ANY TRUE AUTO NUT NOT LOVE THIS THOUGHT!!!!!! I guess i am one of the sick one's on here. I have built two truly bastardized cars at this point and would do it again in a hart beat. First one was a 73 Vega wagon on a 69 Toyota Land Cruiser frame with 36 in tires under it. This thing turner more heads and I got more offers to buy by random people then any thing else that I have ever owned. The 2nd one was a 93 940 Volvo with a worked Ford 5.0 in it. How ashamed would you feel when your brand new M3/M5 got it's as spanked HARD by a stock looking 93 Volvo. This car runs 12.5sec's in the 1/4 all day long and have the time slips to prove it gets 20mpg around town (if i am not beating on it) and 27/28 on the highway, GE the same as my 325is.
The flip side to this is I would not go doing this to a nice "M" car in good shape or the such. But if you are like me and are driving around in a torn up older "3" that needs a new front end, trans grinds when cold rear sub frame needs to be fixed WHY THE HELL NOT MAKE THE CAR FAST AS HELL!!!!!

#46 ·
This whole pushrod-v8 hate is completely stupid, did you know that the small block chevy engine was based off a pre-WW2 bmw v8. As for v8 small blocks being gas guzzlers, my brother in his billion pound silverado truck gets 20mpg. My m3 weighs half that truck and gets 3 mpg better and I can't haul jetski's.

If I get another e36 m3 coupe I would be very interested in LS2 v8 swap, but I have m3 sedan so I want e39 m5 v8.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.