BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

More F30s on the road now...

3K views 40 replies 29 participants last post by  K-A 
#1 ·
Today for the first time ever I noticed an F30 right behind me while driving! There are still so few on the roads here I generally see more Tesla's than F30s...

#2 ·
I see about 2-3 F30s per day and prob 15+ E90s daily. I live in northern VA where people wipe their butts with the 3 series.

#4 ·
In LA few on almost every corner, same as F10.
I just get my 330 serviced and get 2013 F30 328 for 4 days. Really liked almost everything, accept start/stop engine and steering had no connection to the road.
Was surprise by 4 cyl pooling with 3 adult in the car - very impressive.
Will buy this car with out doubt.

#6 ·
I've seen only the same 3-4 F30 328i around the Upstate, all of them in the base trim (no Lines). Heck only one of them has xenons, it could be a Employee programme car given the licence plate designation.

#8 ·
Don't see many in SF Bay Area yet. Still many e9x running around. Only saw two since its release, one in the financial district and the other on a test drive by BMW SF. Thinking that many are still locked into their 2011 leases.

#12 · (Edited)
Since May of last year I've seen 4. Other model BMW's you see all over the place. +1 seen another one today total of 5
cheers
vern

#20 ·
In Charleston, SC I can go almost a week without seeing one and I live in the "upscale" side of town. See a lot of F10s though. Beautiful car.

#27 ·
Jimmy Buffet ?

I am in the Florida Keys on vacation. No F30 sightings.

Lots of boats and E46 convertibles.

BJ
Have a great time in the "Keys" ! :thumbup::bigpimp: Any Jimmy Buffet or Jimmy Johnson sightings ? We were there a few years ago and ate at Kelly McGillis's restaurant , as well as Jimmy Buffet's restaurant :)

#24 ·
Northern VA must be an anomaly - I see about equal ratio of 335 to 328 F30s but I know BMW sells way more 328s. My sightings are, of course, anecdotal. Still see way more E90s on the road - probably by a 5 or 10 to 1 margin.

#25 ·
I saw 2 F30s today and only one driving from PA to FL earlier this week.

I passed our local BMW dealer today and was surprised to see more E93s and E92s in their primary lot than there were F30s. What's up with that? Maybe they sell mostly convertibles and coupes here?

#26 ·
In Palm Beach Bentleys are ubiquitous, 7, 6, and 5 Bimmers outnumber 3s by 3 to 1 and the F30 hasn't hit yet in big numbers, although I have seen a few.

#28 · (Edited)
I went to a charity car show at our club today, and parked my E93 335is next to a neighbor of mine before going over to see the cars. As he was getting out of his car, he asked if something happened to my Vette as to why I was driving my wife's car. :dunno:

I agree with you though, the BMWs around here are mostly 7 Series or 6 Series convertibles.

#31 ·
After tons of test driving in FL I'm taking delivery of new F30 M Sport in L.A. next week. :D

#32 ·
Good luck with your new ride. You should drive it on some mountain roads to gain a true appreciation for your cars capabilities. Florida roads are so flat and boring.

#39 ·
In GA, north of Atlanta, (outside the perimeter) there's quite a lot of E90s. But so far I've seen 4 or 5 F30s, not counting a couple of test drive close to the bme dealership that is close to home.

#41 ·
Savor the moment because 3-Series' get far too common for their own goods, IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.