BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2006 X5 HID low beam not working

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jett 
#1 ·
Hi THere,
Hopefully there is someone here that can help me.
I recently installed non-OEM HID bulbs. I went for the 6000's rather than the 4300K.
Worked fine until a week ago the little green light next to the switch started to blink.
I kept driving and now the driver side bulb won't come on, but the little green light stopped blinking. So today I installed the original good bulb that I have saved. Still didn't come on. So I am thinking: Ballast etc. However here is the kicker: when I pull the left stalk on the steering wheel to make the light come on temporarily like they are supposed to, both lights come on every time.
I did go through a high pressure water car wash right before the green light started to come on.
Any ideas?

Lars

#2 ·
Needs to be hooked up to check codes. A blinking green light indicates a problem with the adaptive lighting. Seems like you need a new light module especially since they are lighting for 40 seconds as pathway lighting. That eliminates bulb ballast igniter. These are all options though as codes need to be read for better analysis. Find an independent mechanic which specializes in BMW.

#3 ·
Ok, so I got it working again.
I disconnected the battery for about 30 min, cause I figured that the computer needed to be reset. Now everything is working including the adaptive system. I figure that moisture started this problem. The lower screws are stripped on the cover. Lets see if it holds up.
Thanks for the reply.

#4 ·
My low beam bulb burnt too. I know it's D2S, but don't know the power is 35w or 55w? when I buy online there are 4 options which one match the 2002 x5 e53?
1. Signature Series (35w)
2. Power Series (55w)
3. Stealth Series (Slim)
4. Volt Canbus Series (Premium)

#5 ·
My low beam bulb burnt too. I know it's D2S, but don't know the power is 35w or 55w? when I buy online there are 4 options which one match the 2002 x5 e53?
1. Signature Series (35w)
2. Power Series (55w)
3. Stealth Series (Slim)
4. Volt Canbus Series (Premium)
Did you look up the bulb in the part database (like realoem.com or bmwfans.info)? The wattage of the bulb is usuallly given in the "SUPPLEMENTAL" column...plus you get the BMW 11 digit part nbr which also helps in finding the correct part. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.