Who Else is in 'The 150 Club'??

39K views 399 replies 50 participants last post by  jlukja 
#1 ·
:dunno:

Attachments

See less See more
#339 · (Edited)
#341 · (Edited)
I just got my L328i and couldn't be any happier. Great car. For those interested in the timing:

Order Placed: June 25

Build Complete: July 7

Vehicle Shipped (Bremerhaven): July 20

Vehicle Arrived (Port of NJ): August 2

Vehicle Delivered (NJ): August 7

Six weeks from order placement, four weeks once built, two weeks on the water, >one week on the ground.

BJ

#343 ·
She looks great BJ,

So five days from arrival at the port till you drover her off the lot?

#346 ·
Is anyone else currently at status "transported to port of exit" who is scheduled for a PCD? The next ship out is the Courage to Charleston, SC. Hopefully I make it on.

#351 ·
Looks like the TAMESIS left Bremerhaven this morning. Phone and website still say I am waiting a shipping vessel. I am hoping they are just behind :eeps:

Next ship leaves on the 11th for those receiving in the NY, NJ, PA area.

#352 ·
I too was hoping to make it to the TAMESIS. Prodcution of my car was completed 8/2 and since the status has been "in transit to port of exit"

@samualcc, what does your status say and when was production completed?

#356 · (Edited)
According to the 800 number recording, after I entered in my production number, my vehicle is also waiting at the port for a shipping vessel, since 8/3/2012. I spoke to a customer service rep and she said that once it is in the port of exit, it is considered in a dealer's inventory and I should call my dealer CA to have them do a Vehicle Inquiry. I did that and the CA told me the same; it is waiting for a shipping vessel. Not sure who has the most accurate info at this point. The BMWUSA.com site is essentially, worthless, since it not updated in realtime and the 800 number appears to be only good until the vehicle reaches the port of exit.

Now I am just using the W&W website to enter in my VIN in the cargo ID field in the "Track and Trace" landing webpage. I keep getting "Not Found" for my VIN. Hoping it will be loaded on the "Oberon" due to leave Bremerhaven 8/10/2012. If it is not loaded on a W&W shipping vessel and they use an alternate company K-Line, I might not be able to track it since it does not appear they have allowed access to their database search the cargo by VIN.

BTW...it is a lots of fun tracking my order; but it is also frustrating when the vehicle goes into a black hole during the time the vehicle transfers responsibility from the OEM to the carrier... Hopefully, I will find it in a couple of days on some ship bound for the USA west coast.

#357 ·
Now I am just using the W&W website to enter in my VIN in the cargo ID field in the "Track and Trace" landing webpage. I keep getting "Not Found" for my VIN. Hoping it will be loaded on the "Oberon" due to leave Bremerhaven 8/10/2012. If it is not loaded on a W&W shipping vessel and they use an alternate company K-Line, I might not be able to track it since it does not appear they have allowed access to their database search the cargo by VIN.

BTW...it is a lots of fun tracking my order; but it is also frustrating when the vehicle goes into a black hole during the tme the vehicle transfers responsibility from the OEM to the carrier... Hopefully, I will find it in a couple of days on some ship bound for the USA west coast.
Don't get too hung up on the W&W tracking system. Try to estimate what ship it will be on using the schedules, and work from there. My car was on the ship and halfway to Southampton before it showed up in the tracking system. But one morning I woke up and checked it and there it was...

#360 ·
I just found out from my CA that my vehicle is on the California Highway vessel headed to Baltimore due in either 8/12 or 8/13. Then it has to make its way to my Tampa/Lakeland dealer. The waiting is killing me but its going to be well worth it. Does anyone have a website suggest to better track this ship? I kept checking the W&W website and then discovered it wasn't on one of their ships.

RZ

2013 Sparkling Bronze Metallic, Luxury Line, Premium Package, Technology Package, Lighting Package, Anti-theft, Heated front seats, Harman Kardon sound

#367 ·
LOL...just called the 800 number for kicks and it still says my car is at the port of exit waiting for a ship! :tsk: FYI, the car is already at the Oxnard VDC and the BMW member website is actually more up-to-date saying the car is now receiving its finishing touches before delivery to the dealer.

#368 ·
According to the 800 numbers, my car is in transit to the port of exit. And the website says its been built and ready to ship. When in reality it's halfway through the English Channel on the Tomesis :)

#369 ·
Thanks for the info guys - California Highway is currently "out of range." Getting exciting to get it on US soil and down to Florida. Hoping I'll have it by the 20th maybe.

#370 ·
Well...after trying all weekend to find whether my order left Bremerhaven on 8/10/2012; the 800 number this morning finally said my "Vehicle is In-Transit". Last week it was in "port waiting for a shipping vessel". I talked to the Customer Representative and asked if that means it is finally on a ship? She did not know. I then entered in my VIN number in the "cargo-id" field using the W&W "Trace and Track" webpage. Sure enough, my VIN is on board the "Oberon" and is currently going to a Beligum port. It is due to be in Port Hueneme by 9/4/2012. Horray!!!!!!!!

As other posters have mentioned; there is a significant lag time in the W&W site updating the loaded VINs in their database. My VIN left port 8/10 and it did not show up until 8/13.

BTW the BMWUSA.com site still says my vehicle status is "Production Ends" and not "En Route to the USA".

#372 ·
I found the phone number to be anywhere from 1 to 5 days behind. The website took 6 days before it updated to in transit.

#371 · (Edited)
My 328i got on the Tamesis at Bremerhaven on 8/8 and the WW tracking website started recognizing the VIN on 8/9, so there was a 1 day delay. BMW website and the 800 number took couple more days to update status.

#374 ·
California Highway arrived into BMW today!!!! Is there a way to track it from port to dealer? Anyone have an educated guess as to how long it'll take to travel to my dealer in Lakeland/Tampa, FL?

#377 ·
Production Ends?

My vehicle finally made it into production. According to the 800 number, production ends on Aug. 31. If the factory is closed these next 2 weeks, when do they start building my car? Do they have a skeleton crew working on it? :dunno:
Question: How do you know the production end date of your vehicle? The 800 number, you say, just changed to a status of In Production, correct?

#378 ·
I called a couple of weeks ago, and it said it was scheduled for production, but didn't have a date as to when production would actually start. I called again today ad it said my vehicle is currently in production, and is scheduled to be completed by Aug. 31. I didn't talk to anyone. I got this from the automated message. I don't even have a vin number.

#379 ·
Sounds right..

As I recall, I had a similar message on the 800 number when my vehicle went into production.

Your dealer CA should now have the VIN number since it went into production. Call the dealer and ask. Once you get the VIN you can use BMWVIN.com and enter in the last seven digits of you VIN and you can see the exact specs of you car that is in production and compare it to your order.

In terms of what happens when the plant is on summer break. I do not know whether the line completely stops or has a skeleton crew.

#381 ·
Hey guys, if a vehicle is performance center bound does it loose priority while at the Bremerhaven? My vehicle has being "waiting to be released to the carrier" since August 4th, is this odd?

also can't wait to pick it up :p :thumbup:
From what I understand, pre-sold cars are given priority. My car made the next boat out after waiting at the dock for 6 days.

I would suspect PDCs would be prioritized by the date of your scheduled pickup. Why ship it early?

#385 ·
Can not track Oberon now

I was really concerned last night when I saw the vessel (Oberon) that my F30 is on, starting to backtrack towards the English Channel.

Looks like it is now going in the right direction again towards the Panama Canal and then Port Hueneme. :thumbup:
I have not been able to track the Oberon and my vehicle since it move into the North Atlantic. Marinetraffic.com cannot track it once is moves west ofthe British Isles. Does anyone know another website to track vessels in the North Atlantic ocean?

#390 ·
Finally found my car after 13 days of wondering. Its going to be on the Don Juan as per the Track and Trace scheduled for 25th departure and arriving NYC Sept 5th. Sat at the dock for 2 weeks!

#391 · (Edited)
Been waiting for my car since July 2nd. Seriously these last few days have been the worst! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
It arrived at the VPC on the 18th, and I am blind as to were it is. Half temped to drive by the dealership because it could be sitting there, and my CA may just be a slacker!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.