BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X3 q5

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ErnestHouse 
#1 ·
Probably the wrong forum, but can anyone recommend any good comparison videos of the X3 35i and the Q5 3.0T?

#2 ·
You may want to search YouTube but I suspect there will be few (if any) videos for the Q5 3.0T. I just hit the dealer lots (states) around mid December. Look at some of the Audi forums including AudiWorld and Audizine. The former, it seems, has more activity for the Q5 where Zine is better for the S/RS series.

#6 ·
So, I've driven both extensively. I find the Q5 to be more "car-like" with softer handling, brake pedal and interior detail. The X3 is more truck-like with stiffer handling, brake pedal and austere interior detail. The navigation system on the X3 is light years ahead of the Q5 with better controls, detail, screen size and input control.

Best of both worlds? Q5 supercharged 3.0 V6 with BMW brakes, BMW i-Drive and BMW service converage (why should I have to pay an extra $820 for Audi service contract).

#8 · (Edited)
...I find the Q5 to be more "car-like" with softer handling, brake pedal and interior detail. The X3 is more truck-like with stiffer handling, brake pedal and austere interior detail. The navigation system on the X3 is light years ahead of the Q5 with better controls, detail, screen size and input control....
I drove both back to back except my Q5 was a hybrid. I liked the Q5 much better. The X3 was less comfortable but I felt no more connected to the road. I would only consider it with the DHP option to get the softer Comfort suspension setting for long trips. But unfortunately, a chunk of the poor ride is the tires.

Contrary to your experience, I especially liked the Audi Navi better. ([EDIT] THe CA said the BMW Navi was the new version but I am not sure.) I felt it required too many interactions. The voice enabled Google search on the Audi was great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.