BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Greg Poland / Pacific BMW

58K views 192 replies 104 participants last post by  Ace535i 
#1 ·
This is my first post, but I think others may find this information useful. Thanks to all the incredible information on this forum, I was able to conclude my M3 Conv purchase quickly and without wasting money. For the most part, though, I'm writing this as a thank-you note for Greg Poland, one of the board sponsors.

First, I contacted a few dealerships to see what deals they could offer and whether or not a lease was an option for me. This was mostly a disappointing experience, especially since most of those dealerships either wanted to haggle over the price, charged huge markups on MFs, or stopped replying to my emails once they found out that I wouldn't be the easiest customer to get approved through BMWFS thanks to a few late payments.

Luckily, someone suggested I contact one of the board sponsors, so I got in touch with Greg Poland in Los Angeles. Greg didn't ask me to post this recommendation (hopefully he won't mind, either), but he deserves it after the great work he did to first get me approved for a lease with BMWFS (without a MF markup) and quickly and efficiently set up my ED appointment and car purchase. I also didn't have to negotiate the price at all - Greg offered his usual great pricing (set amount over invoice - very reasonable) without my having to ask. Furthermore, since I generally have learned to distrust dealers, he did his best to share all relevant information with me, including screen shots and whatever other information was relevant.

I did not think buying a car could be so painless and simple. Greg's great, and he dealt with my 30+ emails quickly and professionally. I'd never thought I would say this - but this was actually a pleasant experience and if you are looking for a car in California, I really don't think you could do much better than to go with Greg. This is how car buying should be IMO.

I realize that there's a lot of superlatives in this post - but honestly, :thumbup:

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#7 ·
+1 for Greg! ED was perfect and I'm waiting redelivery right now (signature pic is crossing the Alps back into Austria from Italy). Everthing has gone down with perfect timing and Greg's been very easy to work with. When PCD is done in July then I expect Greg will have a perfect score with me! :thumbup:

#12 ·
Concur.

Greg did a great job with our 335i ED in March and follow up PCD in May. Simply outstanding pricing and service and I highly recommend him, regardless of where you live (as long as you don't mind picking up in SoCal or South Carolina).

Highly recommended due to the info he provides here on the board too . . . .

#14 ·
+1 to that!

Greg is awesome - quick responses, great information and very helpful. In fact, he is at least 1000 times more helpful than the CA I ordered my car through - I've got faster and more helpful responses from Greg BY FAR.

#16 ·
:thumbup: for greg

#19 ·
As mentioned, Los Angeles or of course the PDC in South Carolina. Though someone here said Greg arranged to have their car shipped to the Bay Area. Personally, I found the drive from LA to NorCal to be very nice and it also got me closer to 1200 miles.

#21 · (Edited)
Buying from Greg Poland at Pacific BMW

Over the years I have purchased several BMWs (one 3 series, three 5 series, two 6's and one 7) from my local dealer - so you would think they would treat me fairly. The problem is that the turnover is so high, I am nearly always treated as a "new" customer.

This weekend, being that my wife's 650 lease was up - it was time for a new BMW (yeah!!), and after two six series, my wife wanted a 535. My wife took the car to the dealer for inspection and drove the five (and the X6). She decided on the five, and after the brand new sales person conferred with the (unseen) sales manager - my wife received a quote that so irritated her, she simply walked out of the dealership.

Since I live in San Diego, I sent my first ever PM to one of the SoCal board sponsors Greg Poland. I simply asked for his best price and promised not to share the information with anyone. Almost immediately he responded with a very, very good quote. (Surprisingly much better than my local dealer).

What surprised me the most was that even though I had never met Greg, he treated me with the respect of a long time customer (both in pricing and service). He even offered to pick me up at the train station so I could drive the car home! Talk about service!

I know this has been said often - but if you can swing it, give Greg a chance to earn your business. He spends a lot of time on this board helping people even though he knows most will never purchase from him. So, if you live in SoCal - send him PM!

Thanks Greg! :thumbup:

#22 ·
Over the years I have purchased several BMWs (one 3 series, three 5 series, two 6's and one 7) from my local dealer - so you would think they would treat me fairly. The problem is that the turnover is so high, I am nearly always treated as a "new" customer.

This weekend, being that my wife's 650 lease was up - it was time for a new BMW (yeah!!), and after two six series, my wife wanted a 535. My wife took the car to the dealer for inspection and drove the five (and the X6). She decided on the five, and after the brand new sales person conferred with the (unseen) sales manager - my wife received a quote that so irritated her, she simply walked out of the dealership.

Since I live in San Diego, I sent my first ever PM to one of the SoCal board sponsors Greg Poland. I simply asked for his best price and promised not to share the information with anyone. Almost immediately he responded with a very, very good quote. (Surprisingly much better than my local dealer).

What surprised me the most was that even though I had never met Greg, he treated me with the respect of a long time customer (both in pricing and service). He even offered to pick me up at the train station so I could drive the car home! Talk about service!

I know this has been said often - but if you can swing it, give Greg a chance to earn your business. He spends a lot of time on this board helping people even though he knows most will never purchase from him. So, if you live in SoCal - send him PM!

Thanks Greg! :thumbup:
+1 :thumbup:

#23 ·
He's taking care of my euro delivery E90 M3 sedan. Excellent communication by Greg has made this a very easy process.

#25 ·
+1 for Greg. The OP hit everything on the head, Greg's a great guy to work with. :thumbup:

#28 ·
+!

I'm using Greg for my ED 2011 E90 M3. Very, very easy to work with and I felt that the pricing was very fair. Looking forward to picking my new M3 up in August.

#29 ·
Just picked up a new car from Greg as well. Did the entire transaction via email and phone. Like others in this post, concur 100% -- he is the best I've ever dealt with in my now 9th BMW. Hands down the guy to consider working with whether in CA (did the fly down to Burbank, short cab, met Greg, signed docs, drive home all in 7 hours -- LA traffic slowed me down!), or as others indicated PCD. Can't say enough how good Greg was to deal with.

#31 ·
Greg is a stand up guy; I was trying to sneak in a 535i lease which the wife ended up nixing. My email to Greg came back with a very prompt response and super fair price. No MF markup, no crazy documentation fee - totally straight up. When my current lease is up next year, I'll definitely keep Greg on my list of folks to reach out to.

#34 ·
Greg is simply the best!!!

Hi there everyone..

I just picked up my car from Greg yesterday and I just wanted to say how easy and great the experience was. Ive bought many cars and dealt with a lot of CA's and I would like to add that Greg by far is my Favorite!:thumbup: I will definitely be dealing to Greg in the future. He was straight forward with all the numbers and gave me the best deal ever! He went out of his way to make everything work for me since I was flying from up north. If anyone is thinking about getting another bmw... you gotta give Greg a chance. Thanks again so much Greg!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.