BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Fastest Pickup of BMW Ever

3K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  JMK 
#1 · (Edited)
Ordered on 11/26, production on 11/29, completion on 12/6, arriving at dealer on 12/10, smiles per gallon begin on 12/11!

I get that dealer probably modified a base vehicle that they were alloted but after having 2 X5's, haven't had a new car ordered and delivered in two weeks.

#2 ·
Good luck but i hate to say you don't have the keys quite yet.

#3 ·
I just checked the status of my X5d on BMWUSA.com and it said its at the "Prepartion Center". What does that mean?

#6 ·
Mine going to Park Ave BMW in Maywood

#12 ·
Very lucky...I'm jealous...my order went in 12/1 and for last 8 days I have been "scheduled for production with no start date" or something to that effect! Dealer says "I expect it to go into production any day now." Says his status shows "daily production status" or something like that which is supposed to mean any day now.

#14 ·
Certtainly wasn't expecting an ordered car in two weeks but hey, sometimes better to be lucky than good. Originally my CA told me expect end of Dec but modified a generic car scheduled for 11/29 and voila

#21 ·
I be picking her up tomorrow 9am!

#16 ·
just checked on mine and it's at the prep center awaiting PCD for me on 12/22. I ordered a couple of weeks ago!

#17 ·
I mean, not to state the obvious, but it makes a big difference that the X5 is made in North Carolina. It takes a while to float these cars across the ocean and go through customs.

Given that final assembly takes a day, assuming there are engines on hand, it shouldn't take much more than 3 weeks. :)

#19 ·
In the BMW official post, you can get the delivery of new X3's custom ordered in 14 days from NC plant. Again that was for US customers only. Maybe they are following the same trend for X5's

#20 ·
In Production

My order was entered into the system on 12-1. I was told by the 800# Customer Service Rep that my X5 went into Production today. Even got the VIN#! Estimated completion is 12-18. Hope it can make it to my dealer and be prepped by 12-31. Holiday schedules could make it interesting I suppose.

#23 ·
X5 50i delivery

Took delivery of the beauty this afternoon. 2011 X5 50i, blk sapphire, oyster Nevada, dark bamboo, sport activity, cold weather, premium pkg, premium sound, technology pkg, comfort access, space saver spare, heated s/w. So far I love it. Thought I'd shed a tear when I traded my '08 Cayenne S. No regrets after driving home the long route. Will post pics weather permitting. :)

#24 ·
congrats!!!! I just traded my 997 on the X5d as I only need I car and I commute 65 miles daily. I had a CS a few years ago, but never an X5 and I had thought about the new Cayenne, but it was overpriced for what you get. I'll be watching what you have to say about the 50i vs the Cayenne. Enjoy!

#25 ·
I see that you are taking PCD next week. Any other time of year I would have done PCD. My bride would not go for a 3 day trip to S.C. Just before Christms. Sounds like a great experience. I'll settle for touring the production facility some day. Enjoy your experience.

#26 ·
thanks! I can not wait. True, it's not good timing the week before Christmas, but I live an hour and a half away, so it's a no brainer to take delivery there! I hope they put a big red bow on it!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.