BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Anybody looking to upgrade

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Rookie2008 
#1 ·
Hey ladies/fellas, I wanted to know if any of y'all were planning to upgrade to the F01/F02 series. I know TXSTYLE and a few others have been back and forth on that forum. But I really wanted to know if anybody was ready to pull the plug or if you guys think we need to wait a lil while longer for decent price drop!

#2 · (Edited)
According to edmunds a decent condition 750i with some options and typical milage:

2005 750i $19,000
2006 750i $25,000
2007 750i $31,000
2008 750i $37,000

2009 750i $56,000

The gap from 2008 to 2009 is very high. I was considering 2009 right now and it does not make sense. I think 2009 will drop 10K in next 9 months.

As others have said in the thread that I opened, our cars will drop around $6000 in one year and F01/F01 will take a $10K hit. So wait 9 months to a year. It also depends on expenses you are expecting in next 9 months (tires, battery, brakes etc.) If you have to spend a lot on maintenance for next 9 months, might as well go for it. For me everything looks good except the battery. Might have to spend $487.

#3 ·
Im planning on waiting maybe even getting a 10 or 2011 but for me it could chnage any day and you may see a post with some pics...:thumbup:

#5 ·
I've considered a 550 mtec, but after seeing a new 750 i always want the bigger one.

#7 ·
I'm thinking I would wait and allow the price of 2010's to come down....maybe even a 2011. I don't think I want to buy the first year of production.....

#12 ·
I never see that. I know when a F01/02 7 pulls up next to me, is behind me, or in front of me. My only complaint is the weak rims and tires. Definitely getting one with the upgraded oem21s without run flats

#14 ·
There UGLY!! I like the 02 to 08 love the 06-08 though.

#15 ·
I am just not impressed with the new 7. The exterior looks good, but the interior is bland and the car is just a bit too soft for me. I think its almost time to retire my 03, and I'm not sure what is going to replace it, but I know it wont be a new 7.

I downsized everything in my life,(as in split up with my girl) sold my house and moved to a place right downtown. I pay 200 per month for each of my parking spaces, and both cars collect dust. I work from home/walk to the office, and at 25 and single now I don't want another boat.

So I think the new car needs to fit the current lifestyle I live. I'm selling the cayenne, and the 7.

I'm not opposed to older cars and I actually prefer them. I want to keep my budget to 35k, I know this is a tough crowd but what do you guys suggest?

I'm thinking 996 911 turbo, or buying an older 911 and building it with the budget. For 35k I should be able to build a pretty capable track rat/daily driver that would look sweet.

I don't care about gas mileage or trunk space or anything like that. I do have a Chesapeake Bay Retriver and he might just have to learn to ride shotgun.

Suggestions?

#18 ·
Lol I guess you right then if you have the $$$ go S550 BUT he was trying to stay around 35k that's why I recommend that but I guess I was wrong ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.