BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Can't get eibach springs on strut tower

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  WhiteFury 
#1 ·
So I got the Ibach Pro Kit 2092.140. I have a 2011 E90 XI.

I have done many suspensions on all my cards. For some reason I can't get the spring to compress enough and when I took the factory spring off it pop because the spring compressor didn't seem to compress that spring either.

The Ibach spring seems really long and would have to be compressed down to Half it's size, is this normal?

I checked the driver side and it seems the strut is much longer almost as if the spring expands the struts when the car is jacked up is this what happens?

Here's a picture of my strut, the Ibach spring, and my bring compressor. I may have to go to AutoZone to rent their spring compressor as it's much closer together and will get me a lot more spring compression.

Coil spring Auto part Suspension Suspension part

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Take the top spring mount, slip it over the top of the spring, then compress the spring with the spring mount. Then you can mount the strut hat.

The compress tool hooks should hook over the spring mount.

#5 ·
So I went to AutoZone and borrowed their spring compressor which is just tight enough to get the hat on. However the top bolt I cannot turn as it turns the hex nut inside, I have no way to turn both the same time because I can't fit a wrench in that what should I do?

Auto part Coil spring Suspension Suspension part Tire

Auto part Wheel Automotive wheel system Disc brake Tire

#6 ·
I ended up getting it snug and then installing it and then jacking up the bottom of the router to compress the spring with the suspension and I was able to tighten the bolt down.

#7 ·
So everything is complete. Looks good but not fully settled. It didn't look like a full drop yet.

I must say these springs are more comfortable than the factory springs!

I don't know how it is with the "I" model I do know that my car drives a lot smoother and it's a lot more planted over bumps. My factory springs would bounce the car all over the place and was kind of harsh these springs are planted and soft.

Another thing I actually noticed that the springs of the car corners, and breaks so much better! It doesn't nosedive and it just overall is more pleasing to drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.