BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Transmission problem 92 525i

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Mfivestar 
#1 ·
I have a 92 525i with 190k miles and still runinng like a champ. Dont know when the last time trans has been services or if it has ever been serviced. But lately its been shifting hard, downshifting hard and staying in gear longer than its suppose to. But once the car and trans is warmed up it shifts fine. Would it be ok to change the fluid and filter at this many miles? What do you recommend?

#3 ·
Hmmm changing the fluid is kinda scary then, because after the car is warmed up it shifts fine. But if it is the trans going bad either way its going to get worse. I used this stuff before in one of my other high mileage cars(LUCAS TRANSMISSION FIX) they claimed to stop leaks and hard shifting and gear slips. I used this stuff in a acura integra which has a transaxle. It worked on that car. Do you think its worth a try on this car? (525i 190k miles) It says you can add to existing fluid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.