BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

328 vs. Eclipse

9K views 125 replies 19 participants last post by  E36 Phantom 
#1 ·
Old race with the 328 and Eclipse. Just some fun, I plan on buying an M3 e36 next. Anyways just joining the forums.

#42 ·
I think a cross car forum debate is great, i really do and it seems like most of you guys are cool

I apoligise if i have no real idea what your car is as we dont have them over here in the UK

A plea to BOTH sets of members. Lets not turn this into a slanging match shall we!! We both love our respective cars and there is no need for this to get ugly

Be nice!

#52 ·
Hi i am here from the same site that Lunar and SCR came from(Team 2G). I as well of all of you share the pasion for BMWs. I have driven a 2003 Bimmer 335i and i must say it was a NICE ride. But comparing a bimmer to a dsm just on performance i would sitck with my dsm. As my other fellow dsmrs have said, it is prove that a 4g63 long block can make and hold up to 400hp on stock internals. My self i am at 340 horses on a holset turbo and bad fuel system. If i had a better tuning device and a better FPR i could have easily made close to 400 to the wheels. So call it a POS then, but i have spent about a third of the cost of a BMW and i am making twice as much power on a POS dsm.

#54 ·
Well more power to you if thats what you like thats fine. BTW, the 335i started production in 2006 (2007 model), it was probably a 330i (E46) that you drove.

There are some of us who do like to mod quite a bit. Being a realist, I have no use for such power in stop-and-go traffic, so it doesn't really appeal to me for what I use my car for. Plus a modded eclipse (despite being good for what it is) is sadly portrayed as a ricer icon. You can thank all the boy racers with loud fart cans for that stereotype, even though it may not apply to you directly. Almost anything can be made to go fast. Really, thats not whats important. To each their own, however.

#55 · (Edited)
How about our fastest versus your fastest, no rules, except no motor swaps :p

Vornado said:
There are some of us who do like to mod quite a bit. Being a realist, I have no use for such power in stop-and-go traffic, so it doesn't really appeal to me for what I use my car for. Almost anything can be made to go fast. Really, thats not whats important. To each their own, however.
Makes sense. That's what I loved about the beamer I drove. It'd be an AWESOME and comfortable commuter. (I couldn't afford to mod one any way, lol)

#59 ·
Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen.
I'm also from Team-2g. I'm not here looking for a fight, or to cause any kind of trouble. I just wanted to post something here defending all of us. We are all automotive enthusiasts, whether it be BMW or DSM. Each of us has his or her own tastes as to what we want to do with our cars. We all have our hang ups when it comes to the way we treat our cars. But at the end of the day, we all still love the same thing. The car we drive. That is all that matters.

#69 ·
Can't we all just get along? Seriously though. Seems like the ones who are continuing to post here, are people who really do have a passion for both DSM and BMW camps.

Like aforementioned, BMW***8217;s have the stereotype of rich yuppies and stick their noses at the newspaper boy, where the DSM***8217;s have the stereotype of the Fast and the Fabulous and all the rice(EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE BUILT AND ASSEMBLED HERE IN NORMAL, IL USA). Given you all have little knowledge of our scene, at least a handful of us from Team 2G have come on board to try and learn about your BMW***8217;s without passing horrible judgement.

I can***8217;t speak for the animosity for the members of Team 2G nor the people in this BMW thread, but when it all comes down to it, we all have the same hobby with just different platforms. So stay true to your passion, but don***8217;t be ignorant to others as well.

#71 ·
Can't we all just get along? Seriously though. Seems like the ones who are continuing to post here, are people who really do have a passion for both DSM and BMW camps.

Like aforementioned, BMW's have the stereotype of rich yuppies and stick their noses at the newspaper boy, where the DSM's have the stereotype of the Fast and the Fabulous and all the rice(EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE BUILT AND ASSEMBLED HERE IN NORMAL, IL USA). Given you all have little knowledge of our scene, at least a handful of us from Team 2G have come on board to try and learn about your BMW's without passing horrible judgement.

I can't speak for the animosity for the members of Team 2G nor the people in this BMW thread, but when it all comes down to it, we all have the same hobby with just different platforms. So stay true to your passion, but don't be ignorant to others as well.
Well said. Thanks for your input.

#76 ·
Yeah i've seen that about 10 times. :rofl: Funny thing was, he was being an idiot. I dont think the M3 driver really cared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.