BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

So continues the wait - Update - Status 195 - On the QUEEN SAPPHIRE

12K views 78 replies 17 participants last post by  rtgirard 
#1 · (Edited)
So ends the wait! Took delivery, 2013 335xi

Update: 10-31-2012
Took delivery on 10/29 and I love the car. Jump to the following post in this thread to see my initial thoughts on the car:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7165559&postcount=79

Update: 10-18-2012
The QUEEN SAPPHIRE just passed under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge!

Update: 10-4-2012:
Status 195... In Transit. On board the WW QUEEN SAPPHIRE :D

Code:
Port	                Country	                      Arrival	        Departure

BREMERHAVEN	GERMANY	                     30/09/2012	02/10/2012
GOTHENBURG	SWEDEN	                     04/10/2012	05/10/2012
ZEEBRUGGE	BELGIUM	                     07/10/2012	07/10/2012
SOUTHAMPTON	UK                     	     08/10/2012	08/10/2012
HALIFAX, NS	CANADA	                     15/10/2012	15/10/2012
NEW YORK, NY	U.S.A.	                     17/10/2012	18/10/2012
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=564254000&header=true

Update: 9-26-2012:
Status 193... Arrival at Port of Exit

Update: 9-25-2012:
Status 190... 190 - Dispatched From Ag

Update: 9-24-2012:
Status 155... Final Assembly/Quality Check

Update: 9-24-2012:
Status 154... Assembly! I wish there was a way for me to watch.

Update: 9-21-2012:
Status 152... Entered Paint Shop

Update: 9-20-2012:
Status 151 today... I'm in the body shop! :roundel:

Original Post from 9-5-2012:
Yup... I didn't think I'd be this excited, but I am.

335xi
Alpine White over Coral Red, brushed Aluminum w/ black gloss
18" 397's
ZSL
ZDH
ZPP
2TB Sport Auto (wife will be primary driver)
Heated seats, no ZCW
609 Nav, no ZTP
6WA Extended Cluster

Should go in week 39... with a bit of luck I'll have it before Thanksgiving. :thumbup:

The hardest part was deciding on tires... I had it in my head that I'd get the summer rubber since I have a set of winters that *should* fit the F30... but I talked myself out of it and will stick with the all-seasons. I have a couple weeks to make changes, so I suppose I can change my mind.

Excited me is excited.

build, production, timeline, assembly, shipping, port, tracking, order, wait

See less See more
#2 ·
Yup... I didn't think I'd be this excited, but I am.

335xi
Alpine White over Coral Red, brushed Aluminum w/ black gloss
18" 397's
ZSL
ZDH
ZPP
2TB Sport Auto (wife will be primary driver)
Heated seats, no ZCW
609 Nav, no ZTP
6WA Extended Cluster

Should go in week 39... with a bit of luck I'll have it before Thanksgiving. :thumbup:

The hardest part was deciding on tires... I had it in my head that I'd get the summer rubber since I have a set of winters that *should* fit the F30... but I talked myself out of it and will stick with the all-seasons. I have a couple weeks to make changes, so I suppose I can change my mind.

Excited me is excited.
Congrats! But you should go with the summers and put on dedicated shoes in the winter. Think about it you are actually compromising grip, and potential enjoyment year round! And besides the initial outlay to get the winter setup, you actually come out equal in cost, assuming you keep the car long enough to go through a set of summers and winters! Get the summer tires!

Otherwise, beware, if you are excited now, you have no idea what is coming! That last week is the worst! Congrats again! :thumbup:

#3 ·
My thoughts exactly. You've got great, twisty mountain roads in Upstate NY. Take advantage of them! Congrats! :thumbup:

#4 ·
I'm mulling over the tire question and wondering this:

Since this is a lease, do you think it makes sense to get the all-seasons now, run my winters this coming cold season, mount summers on the OEM wheels next spring and save the all-seasons for near lease turn-in?

#6 ·
that is what I am planning to do, only I am going with summer/summer. I figured we get cold winters about 1 every 5 years here in NVA with one heavy snowfall and for that I can hop on the X5 or ride the Metro. The way I drive I would need two sets of summer non-RFT and then I will slap on the OEM tires for turn in. I am probably not going to buy rims.

#11 ·
Yea, very possible we'll be shipmates. :beerchug: The ship will leave from Bremerhaven and my car will go to the VPC in New Jersey. I would assume yours would go to Galveston, possibly?

A lot of good info in this thread over in the E90 subforum: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382239

#20 ·
Not at all. It's still the same process... you have them build it, their system reports what MSRP should be and then you work your way down (or work your way up from what you think invoice should be, usually about MSRP minus ~7%). Same process... The dealer, however, may be more firm since they know they've got a customer on the hook for a car he/she really, really wants.

Ask around in the 'Ask a Dealer' section for some pointers, and check out bmwconfig.com to build a car the way you want and educate yourself on what the invoice pricing would be. For a heck of a deal on a lease, you want to get the initial cap cost down around invoice+500 to invoice+1000. That's a relatively good deal regardless of being a custom order or not.

#23 ·
Nice. :thumbup: I swear, our cars must be nose to tail on the assembly line. I don't have status 151 specifically, the BMW website isn't so useful there, but as of yesterday my VIN shows up on the VIN decoder sites, and its with a production date of yesterday. So I'm assuming that's a change from 150 to 151 for me too. I'm surprised its taking this long to go through production, actually.

#24 ·
Quite possible!

I'm lucky that my CA checks on the car every morning for me and sends me a quick update. BMWUSA.com certainly doesn't give you a very granular or timely look at what stage the order is in.

If you have an actual production date then you may be ahead of me in line by a bit. I only have an estimated date, not an actual production date... which suggests to me that you may be in or through final assembly. Ask your CA, he'she will be able to tell exactly where it is in the process.

#26 · (Edited)
Cool! :thumbup:

Now, depending on how much effort you want to put into obsessing about the car, you can start checking out shipping schedules for WW and/or KLine out of Bremerhaven... see if you can figure out which boat you'll be on before your CA can find out.

#28 ·
As of this morning the car is at the port and I'm officially waiting for a boat. Even my wife is starting to get antsy... it's actually quite funny to watch. She began this process thinking that I was a complete fool for getting so excited... and now she's almost as bad as I am.

#30 ·
Yep, the bmw website and 1800 number just changed today to "en route" and in transit.

My guess is we are on the don juan. Let me know what your dealer/ca say

#40 ·
Today's Update:
Status 195... In Transit. On board the WW QUEEN SAPPHIRE :D

Code:
Port	                Country	                      Arrival	        Departure

BREMERHAVEN	GERMANY	                     30/09/2012	02/10/2012
GOTHENBURG	SWEDEN	                     04/10/2012	05/10/2012
ZEEBRUGGE	BELGIUM	                     07/10/2012	07/10/2012
SOUTHAMPTON	UK                     	     08/10/2012	08/10/2012
HALIFAX, NS	CANADA	                     15/10/2012	15/10/2012
NEW YORK, NY	U.S.A.	                     17/10/2012	18/10/2012
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=564254000&header=true

Our rubber ZSL floor mats and key cases arrived from Tischer yesterday, so at least I have something to put under my pillow at night while I wait.

#42 ·
I placed my order on 9/5/2012, but the dealer had a production slot already allocated for stock, so production promptly began on 9/24 (Read: I was lcuky). After reading about how others have waited at the port, I'm actually (and pleasantly) surprised that I made it onto a boat so quickly.

Congratulations on the 335! :beerchug:

I hope we're both cruising in our new cars before Halloween!

#45 ·
Mine also went in production on 24th...But how is that, mine is not on the ship yet? Is it possible that it is on the ship and status is not updated yet.
Very possible that you're loaded and underway and there is a lag between when the car actually rolls onto a ship and BMW's system is updated... nevermind the BMWUSA.com website, even the system that your CA looks at might not show an updated status until the boat has left the port. I think the WW PORGY just left yesterday... you might be on that one. Check with your CA.

One other item to note: If your car is listed as 'Priority 1 - Customer Sold', that means it's been assigned the lowest priority and may get passed by as BMW tries to get all-important dealer stock into the US market.

#47 ·
Very possible that you're loaded and underway and there is a lag between when the car actually rolls onto a ship and BMW's system is updated... nevermind the BMWUSA.com website, even the system that your CA looks at might not show an updated status until the boat has left the port. I think the WW PORGY just left yesterday... you might be on that one. Check with your CA.

One other item to note: If your car is listed as 'Priority 1 - Customer Sold', that means it's been assigned the lowest priority and may get passed by as BMW tries to get all-important dealer stock into the US market.
Hey rtgirard, I'm on the Queen Sapphire also and I've been watching for days now. It's out of range while it goes from the UK to Canada. Did you notice that the New York arrival date has been delayed by one day? It's now scheduled for the 18th :(
The ship is staying in Canada for an additional day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.