BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

List Something You Discovered About Your Car AFTER You Bought It...

89K views 405 replies 156 participants last post by  dallz 
#1 ·
This should be both informative and fun. There's a great thread of this in the 5 forum.

I'll go first as I just learned something today...

1) I thought the microphone for voice commands was in the steering wheel and found out it's above the rearview mirror.

Also

2) I learned you can't use the backrest adjustment button unless the car door is open.

#382 ·
So my 6 is manual, and I was on an incline at a stop sign. My previous cars, when I'd hit the clutch the car would roll back on inclines.....however the 6 has a feature where it won't roll back right away but will after 5 seconds. Definitely a great feature and was impressed!

#384 ·
This function is called Homelights or Pathway lighting. You can also code the car to allow you enable this feature via the remote bootlid release button on your key fob. Like this on my car:

http://youtu.be/X1N6uYTu25I

#385 · (Edited)
#386 ·
#391 ·
Is there a way to turn back bumper lights on? Do they come on with the fog lights or under hard breaking? Do they come on at all?
Ps: I'm talking ability the lights by the reverse lights..

#392 ·
The red part is just a reflector.

#398 ·
I have learned "If you paint it, they will come"... out of all the custom cars I have ever owned, past and present... this car gets the most attention. From pictures at gas stations to the random cars pulling up next
to me on the highway with thumbs up I get a lot of attention. There has also been a situation where a lady tracked me down and googled me and my company because she saw my car and personalized plate on the highway and decided to 'tweet' about it...smh! On another note, I feel stupid for just finding this out but I did not know my key stored my settings in the car... I grabbed my spare key for the 6 because I hadn't used it since I bought the car last summer, I wanted to make sure the batt was charged and just warmed the car up. All my setting...mirror, seat, air all changed once I cranked the car up but I didn't think much of it. Since that key is on the same chain as my benz I turned the car off and got in the benz since I was going to wash it, 30 mins later I turn the BMW on with main Key and notice my settings returned to original!!! Wow now if I was generous enough to share with my boo she could have her own key and settings lol.

#399 ·
bumping a classic due to recent mention :thumbup:

#400 ·
Holy thread necro Batman. This could be fun reading material this evening :thumbup:

#401 ·
Where is the everything "I hate about this car" thread?! Lol

#403 ·
Not sure if all models do this (mine is a 2010), but I think it's great that when I move the seat back forward (as if someone were getting in the back seat) it allows the entire seat to lift up about 6 inches. Makes vacuuming a pleasure! I'm very meticulous about keeping her clean.

What a great thread! I've learned lots of great things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.