BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Who has a car ordered? Production #s

40K views 610 replies 83 participants last post by  RNNY 
#1 · (Edited)
I understand the Munich factory closes down for a few weeks in August. My car was supposedly ordered on 08/11 and I received a Production # last week. I just called the 1-800-831-1117 number and the car (a 428) still doesn't have a production date scheduled yet. My Production number is 382####. Does anyone else with an August order have a production date scheduled yet and what is the production #? The 38th week of the year is 09/15-09/21, is that what it means?

#504 ·
Looks like my boat was delayed in the Caribbean. ETA is now 3 days later, or 12/20.

#505 ·
Has anyone here gotten an incorrect car description at the very beginning of their order?

My RWD M235i has not yet started production and has only just been entered as an order but the production tracking says M235i xDrive. I panicked and called my CA but he says that doesn't matter right now and will be updated to the correct configuration once it's in production. Just need some assurance on this...

#511 ·
So it has been several days now that the BMW's website has the status that my car in en route, but it is still not showing up on the shipping tracker website. When I enter the VIN into the cargo field, I just receive "No Records Found."

Is there more than one shipping website?

#517 ·
Thanks to those who gave reassurance to the incorrect reporting on the tracking. I was freaking out....definitely did not want to be getting an XDrive lol

Due to the timing of my order (last Saturday) I have a feeling production will not start until after the new year. Dealer told me from the get-go that the plant is closed for the last 2 weeks of the year.

#521 ·
It could take longer cause production shuts down for the holidays, I believe I read two weeks? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

What car did you pick, what are the packages?

#523 ·
Two weeks on top of the 6-8 weeks? Yikes!

Thanks for asking! So I got the 435i xdrive, black with red coral seats, drivers assist, cold weather, premium black kidney, best of all M sport. Thoughts?
Did you test drive the cars? Only thing I will say is that a lot of members on here swear by the DHP package, especially if it's an xdrive. I believe I read that the xdrive deletes the M-suspension. If you test drove the car and happy with your choice then don't stress it and be happy.

The hard part is waiting.

I'm not sure with the timing. I read some people get their car delivered in 5 weeks and I seen some guys wait 3/4 months. It depends on how many cars are getting built, the packages, accessories, dealer allocation etc.

I'm 33 days in and the wait only gets worse. My car is at the port waiting for a boat to get on.

#524 ·
Another piece of advice if you leased your infiniti you can do your pre inspection and it's good for 90 days. So if you want to schedule one soon you should be good for when your bmw arrives.

#525 ·
I did the test drive a lot but didn't compare the DHP (w and wout). I was told that it was unnecessary by many in the BMW business for a while. Maybe I made a mistake? What do you mean xdrive deletes the M suspension? Sorry! Thanks for the information. Yeah i guess I have to play waiting game myself.

#526 ·
From what I read an xdrive model does not have the M suspension cause it's an awd suspension. The only upgrade you can do is the DHP.

#532 ·
Mine took a total of 3 days and the car carrier had to travel (roughly) 200 miles. If it does arrive on Saturday, depending on other deliveries, the hold-up could be the service department (with prep work).

#529 ·
Thanks.

My dealer claims that the boys down at the receiving facility want to enjoy their Christmas break and they'll push it through quickly to ensure there's no backlog. The sale is also important to my dealer in this month, not next year, so there's that.

Fingers crossed.

BJ

#536 ·
Since it's Christmas and the ports are jammed with arriving vessels you may have a problem.

My boat was supposed to have my car delivered on the 17th and it was a day late, just got offloaded today the 18th, so you may have a similar delay.

What you have going in your favor is that all the dealers are going to jump through every hoop possible to get their cars delivered before January 1 so they count towards their sales for 2014 so if your dealer is desperate to make his numbers he may have some pull and get yours delivered New Year's Eve.

BJ

#540 ·
Woo-hoo, Capricornus Leader is scheduled to dock at Port Hueneme tonight!

It's going to be close, but I'm still hoping for a pre-Christmas delivery.

#541 ·
I ordered a fully-loaded 2015 335xi back in October.

Here's my timeline:

10/03/14 - Place order at BMW of Bellevue
11/7/14 - Completed Production
11/15/14 - On ship Undine bound for west coast
12/8/14 - Arrived at Port Hueneme
12/18/14 - At dealer
12/19/14 - Pickup

#545 ·
Bad choice with the color selection and equipment group ... oh wait, it nearly matches mine. Great choice! Welcome to the club 4GC (if there's one).

#553 ·
Not a bad time of the year. Hopefully most of the winter will be behind you. Just watch-out for the potholes.

#549 ·
My car was unloaded from Capricornus Leader this morning and as of this afternoon it was at the VDC getting all the M Performance bits put on.

:roundel:

#555 ·
Either through your CA or call BMW customer service. I chose the latter and was able to receive current information.

#560 · (Edited)
PCD scheduled for 1/6/15. The ED in Munich was 10/16, drop off in Amsterdam, 10/29 with 2151 miles on the odo. Car arrived in Brunswick, GA 12/1. I just booked my flight to South Carolina and contacted my insurance agent so I'll have cards with me when I get there. NY will not issue registration and plates without a physical inspection in NY so I'll get 30 day temp registration from the PC to drive the car home. Hoping for dry roads as the summer performance tires will suck in serious wintry stuff. I have a set of new Blizzacks mounted and ready for the swap once I get the car up here.

435i F32, Gray/Coral Red, M-Sport, 6MT, HK, All Pkgs. but Nav., Leather Dash

Attachments

#562 ·
My car is hanging out in a port near Bruges the past 2 days. This time of year is the christmas market in Bruges, it looks like a christmas village comes to life. I can't blame them for spending an extra day there.

Ordered
11/11/14

Production Started
11/13/14

Production Completion
11/20/14

Awaiting a Vessel
12/8/14

On Vessel
12/17/14

Estimated Arrival
1/4/15

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.