BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

In Process of Leasing 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee

3K views 28 replies 22 participants last post by  Orient330iNYC 
#1 ·
Dw guys I'm not letting go of my 335, lol. This is for my brother but everything under my name. Just wanted to see what you guys think of the deal and my experience .

So we walk in to Westbury Jeep in Long Island, NY yesterday at about 7pm because my brothers 2002 Lexus is300 broke down and he's been eyeing this 2015 jeep grand Cherokee 4X4 Limitied lease deal for 300 a month. We go in there and saw that they wouldn't budge from the msrp. So with taxes it came out to $341 a month with 0 down and docs/dmv fees upfront. The msrp came out to 40k but we saw that for 42k we can get one with sunroof which he wanted. The price now comes down to 360 a month and we were okay with it.

But then they start telling us how we live in the Bronx and this deal is for Long Island Nassau county residents so I told them my brother practically lives in Long Island, it's just going to be registered under my name in Bronx. They then said it whole be fine.

We wanted to walk with the car last night and transfer my old plates but they said the bank is closed so they can't run my application until the morning. They ask me how my credit is because I look younger than I am, I'm 24 and everyone thinks I look 17-19 lol. I told them my credit is excellent. Btw they gave me $1000 incentive for already currently leasing a car even tho it's not a jeep.

Today morning, the lady that runs the credit applications calls me and tells me that the bank won't approve me for 2 reasons, 1) my length of employment in my current job is less than a year and 2) I live in Bronx and this deal is subjected to A+ credit approval that meets all the requirements. She then tells me that she will try another bank and get back to me. I told her that that's my length of eployement with my CURRENT job and that I'm currently leasing a BMW.

This is when the games go further for them. She calls me back and tells me that the 2nd bank is still pending and hasn't responded but she tried another one and they approved me.. But my payments go up to 415 a month, lmao. I told her it's fine, try the Other bank and if not we'llc. cancel. Calls me back again after 10mins and tells me that the 2nd bank approved me but they can't for 360 a month, but 386 and how she's pretty sure her manager will give me a $500 incentive to bring the payments down to 379 and they really can't budge plus this is the best they can do. I told her no we had a different price in mind and that's not what we're getting. Funniest thing, she says "wait just for extra $19 a month you want to cancel??". Anyways so she's like the manager will contact me on how to process the refund I paid for the doc fees and all that. Manager calls me back and tells me "hey I don't want to lose a sale over a couple of bucks a month so we'll give you the same deal".

Now regardless of all the bs, what do you guys think of the deal? Comes with:

Leather heated front and rear seats
Bluetooth + Navi
Sunroof
Sirius 1 year subscription
Forgot what else it comes with but msrp is 42k with purchase option of 24k at end of lease. 7500 miles per year allowed but not too worried because there's a good chance we will take the purchase option.

Btw, RALLYE BMW is right across Westbury Jeep, anyone have any experience with them? Didn't have time to check them out.

See less See more
#2 ·
Btw, RALLYE BMW is right across Westbury Jeep, anyone have any experience with them? Didn't have time to check them out.
I live nearby and did my test driving at Rallye. They have a very nice dealership, and people tend to be nice, but in my experience, they aren't really into negotiating. The vibe I got from them is as if they feel if you don't buy the car, someone else will walk in and buy it, so pay full price or leave.

I ended up getting a MUCH better deal at a dealership in Jersey. Rallye was great for researching and test driving though.

-LALAJI

PS - Sorry, don't know much about Jeeps or their pricing, so I have no idea if that is a good deal or not.

#3 ·
Not approved for A+ because you live in the Bronx? I'd tell them you are going to call the NY Attorney General's office.

#26 ·
I doubt that they asked this, although insurances would certainly do it.

Probably that he hasn't been at the same address for very long. That is a common question; " for how long...".

It's completely plausible that a 24 year old with less than one year in his current job would not qualify for the top tier financing package.
x2.

#4 ·
Dw guys I'm not letting go of my 335, lol. This is for my brother but everything under my name. Just wanted to see what you guys think of the deal and my experience .

So we walk in to Westbury Jeep in Long Island, NY yesterday at about 7pm because my brothers 2002 Lexus is300 broke down and he's been eyeing this 2015 jeep grand Cherokee 4X4 Limitied lease deal for 300 a month. We go in there and saw that they wouldn't budge from the msrp. So with taxes it came out to $341 a month with 0 down and docs/dmv fees upfront. The msrp came out to 40k but we saw that for 42k we can get one with sunroof which he wanted. The price now comes down to 360 a month and we were okay with it.

But then they start telling us how we live in the Bronx and this deal is for Long Island Nassau county residents so I told them my brother practically lives in Long Island, it's just going to be registered under my name in Bronx. They then said it whole be fine.

We wanted to walk with the car last night and transfer my old plates but they said the bank is closed so they can't run my application until the morning. They ask me how my credit is because I look younger than I am, I'm 24 and everyone thinks I look 17-19 lol. I told them my credit is excellent. Btw they gave me $1000 incentive for already currently leasing a car even tho it's not a jeep.

Today morning, the lady that runs the credit applications calls me and tells me that the bank won't approve me for 2 reasons, 1) my length of employment in my current job is less than a year and 2) I live in Bronx and this deal is subjected to A+ credit approval that meets all the requirements. She then tells me that she will try another bank and get back to me. I told her that that's my length of eployement with my CURRENT job and that I'm currently leasing a BMW.

This is when the games go further for them. She calls me back and tells me that the 2nd bank is still pending and hasn't responded but she tried another one and they approved me.. But my payments go up to 415 a month, lmao. I told her it's fine, try the Other bank and if not we'llc. cancel. Calls me back again after 10mins and tells me that the 2nd bank approved me but they can't for 360 a month, but 386 and how she's pretty sure her manager will give me a $500 incentive to bring the payments down to 379 and they really can't budge plus this is the best they can do. I told her no we had a different price in mind and that's not what we're getting. Funniest thing, she says "wait just for extra $19 a month you want to cancel??". Anyways so she's like the manager will contact me on how to process the refund I paid for the doc fees and all that. Manager calls me back and tells me "hey I don't want to lose a sale over a couple of bucks a month so we'll give you the same deal".

Now regardless of all the bs, what do you guys think of the deal? Comes with:

Leather heated front and rear seats
Bluetooth + Navi
Sunroof
Sirius 1 year subscription
Forgot what else it comes with but msrp is 42k with purchase option of 24k at end of lease. 7500 miles per year allowed but not too worried because there's a good chance we will take the purchase option.

sounds like a normal scam. the we cant get you approved at this price. i would run from that dealer. especially if they are discriminating by where you live.

go to another dealer. try truecar.com, i see they are selling them in the NYC area for 3K off msrp.

#5 ·
So we walk in to Westbury Jeep in Long Island, NY yesterday at about 7pm because my brothers 2002 Lexus is300 broke down and he's been eyeing this 2015 jeep grand Cherokee 4X4 Limitied lease deal for 300 a month.
I always thought leasing is done through the respective manufacturers. Why is the sales representative calling different banks to approve your lease?

Btw they gave me $1000 incentive for already currently leasing a car even tho it's not a jeep.
I guess the next thing shes gonna say is "we give you $500 because you have a mobile phone!" :thumbup:

Its the regular non sense which you hear from most of the dealers. When i was in market for a mustang years back, i submitted credit application with 2 dealers. They had close to 10 hard credit checks with several banks and screwed up my credit history big time! Ask your dealer not to contact banks without your concern.

#6 ·
Okay so I just got notified, I got 2 hard inquiries on my credit. One with the bank and one with Westbury jeep. If they aren't the lien holder and not giving me the lease 'loan' then why the hell did they have to do a credit check.

I'm just gonna go with these guys as long as the paperwork looks good. Not trying to deal with anymore hard inquiries.

#7 ·
Have you posted in a Jeep forum? I think they have more experiences with Jeep leases. Not sure how much expertise is here regarding how much negotiation can be made on a Jeep, the MF, fees, etc.

#8 ·
Really didn't feel like joining a jeep forum when I'm not really going to be driving it lol, but thanks tho.

Just a quick update, the sales rep apologized on behalf of the lady that tried to play with rates. Said he feels ashamed so at least he took that as a responsibility.

#11 ·
Can't believe Jeep dealers are still playing these games.

My first car in the US was a lease on a 99 Jeep GC.

The day after I signed the papers and drove off in it they called me to tell me there was some mistake and would have to charge me about $40 extra per month. I said forget it, refund all my money then you can collect it from my house. They generously decided to stick with the original deal even though 'they lost thousands on it'.

#22 · (Edited)
Can't believe Jeep dealers are still playing these games.

My first car in the US was a lease on a 99 Jeep GC.

The day after I signed the papers and drove off in it they called me to tell me there was some mistake and would have to charge me about $40 extra per month. I said forget it, refund all my money then you can collect it from my house. They generously decided to stick with the original deal even though 'they lost thousands on it'.
Agreed. For one thing I don't think any dealer should play these games and based on principle I would not be these axxholes a dime.

I wouldn't think Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge would be in a position to play these games considering the financial woes they have had as of late. You would think they would be doing everything in their power to get as much sales as possible. This crap coupled with poor reliability does not help your bottom line in the long run.

On a side note, I love their Chrysler 200 commercials where the narrator is speaking German or Japanese and is inferring that they are worried about the competition. :rofl: Always a sure sign of desperation in my mind when marketing starts going down that road.

#12 · (Edited)
Hmmm, I did do research on them prior to walking in and they are known as the #1 rated jeep dealer in the northeast and they also seem to have a lot of decent yelp and google reviews. I know my experience wasn't the best but I don't think they'll try to go any further as in a scam bride of their reputation.

Most of the lease deals I've been seeing on this model has been $400 and more. I was thinking about just getting him an X1 but idk, he just wanted the jeep. He actually wanted a wrangler but that's a bit out of budget and not really a daily driver. I would love a wrangler tho.

#14 ·
You actually have a very good point. Didn't think of it that way. But the other jeep dealers have a lot of negative reviews. And I personally don't believe in 'good' servicing from these dealers. They aren't as organized as BMW. But when it's necessary, we'll just have to deal with it.

#15 ·
If buying a Jeep, the best way is to join Tread Lightly. After one month you would have access to supplier pricing (which 1% below invoice). All applicable incentives would still apply. This will take the negotiation out of the process.

#17 ·
One of my employees just bought one before I could talk him out of it. He drove less than 2 days and a quick connect clip on his transmission line came off, spewing trans oil all over his engine stranding him. These cars have a history of repeated transmission issues. Buyer beware Chrysler products are crap.

#20 ·
I previously owned a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude and loved every one of the 35k miles I put I put on her in less than two years. I never had a single issue with the car. The Jeep was very well optioned (more so than some of the "luxury" cars you see people out there with) and was a blast to drive. Don't let CR or any other preconception of Chrysler dissuade you from looking into Jeeps. The Wrangler and Cherokee are some of the best looking and driving SUV's you can buy (for a guy that doesn't want the "mom" look).

#24 ·
It's completely plausible that a 24 year old with less than one year in his current job would not qualify for the top tier financing package.

#27 ·
Sounds like deal is done but only thing I would've made sure of is that GAP insurance was included. Esp after paying full sticker as the selling price, if anything were to happen a month from now, "book value" that the insurance co would pay out is going to be much less than what you owe on it. I know some dealers pull your credit on their own and the shop it around to different banks and leasing companies. It's a practice that I personally detest.

#28 ·
Sorry for the late response guys. I did end up getting it on Friday night. Mainly because they stuck to the original deal and no other dealership was giving such a good deal and my brother really wanted the jeep. I also didn't want to get any more hard inquiries. I'm sure with a deal like this, even when he doesn't want it anymore, someone else will want to jump on it from swapalease.

I assumed car insurance in general covered GAP insurance?

#29 ·
no, gap is not included in general insurance. either the leasing company includes it (bmwfs does, paid for partly by the acq fee) or you need to get it on your own. i would check with the leasing company (either jeep or whomever) to confirm that they include gap coverage.
if they do not, you can add it your policy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.