BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

F10 ambient light functions.

23K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Miami10 
#1 ·
I found these ambient light functions in the F30 cheat sheet. Are there similar ones for the F10?

Ambiente_Helligkeit (brightness)
Ambiente_Nachfuehrung (independent from cluster brightness)
HELLIGKEIT_AMBILIGHT (ambient slider)

#2 · (Edited)
If I recall correctly, changing the values on my F10 didnt have any effect..the last one added a control slider in idrive but it wasnt doing anything.

#4 ·
Anyone know if it's possible to increase the brightness of the ambient lighting?

#7 ·
Hi, is the much brighter you mean about the max brightness with iDrive slider and Instrument cluster brightness wheel all the way up? Because if it is brighter than that I have heard there was some problems with the light strips overheating and melting components.

#8 ·
So i just changed a few of these setting tonight and noticed a little difference with the brightness (A little brighter). Below are the setting I set them to.

CS_AMB_BRIGHTNESS (left at 100% (werte 64))

CS_AMB_MIN_BRIGHTNESS
set to: initwert
Changed werte to 32 (50%)

CS_AMB_MAX_OFFSET
set to: initwert
Changed werte to 10

The ambient lighting still dims with the cluster dimmer but at high setting it seams to be brighter. I'm not sure what the offset is doing because i don't know what PWM stands for. I'll try some other settings this weekend.

#12 ·
I agree on the overdriven LEDs, primary reason most LEDs die.

As far under powering, depends on the driver circuit. I might try to find some codings for the minimum brightness of the gauge cluster. During those dark nights out in the desert, the minimum panel brightness is too bright. The best I can do is to turn off the CIC display. It helps, but not as much as further dimming would.

I'll see what I can find and report back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.