BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Navigation question: Can you view turn by turn directions?

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MikeCee 
#1 ·
I've got some questions on the navigation system that I'd like to put to you guys. I read the manual and asked my CA and the answers I got were not what I hoped.

1. Once you select a destination can you see a list of all the turns like in text form? On my Audi navigation system I can see turn by turn directions as you would see for example on google maps.

2. Besides setting the different options like "avoid highways", "fastest route", etc., is there any way to make the navigation system pick a particular route? For example, on my Audi I get several proposed routes and I can select one of them. From a previous post here it seems like the answer is no but confirmation would be great.

Thanks!

#3 ·
1. Once you select a destination can you see a list of all the turns like in text form? On my Audi navigation system I can see turn by turn directions as you would see for example on google maps.

2. Besides setting the different options like "avoid highways", "fastest route", etc., is there any way to make the navigation system pick a particular route? For example, on my Audi I get several proposed routes and I can select one of them. From a previous post here it seems like the answer is no but confirmation would be great.

Thanks!
Yes and no.

1. you can see route list (i think that's what is called in the menu)
2. only one route list at a time. would have to switch your preference each time (from "fastest" to "avoid highway" as example)

#5 ·
it's hard to find

It's not a menu item available when you're viewing a map. It's not a menu item from the arrow screen.

You have to go "back" to the nav menu, and go towards the bottom of that menu, and the knob will allow you to select a number of things, one of which is 'route list'.

That's what you're looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.