BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Z3 M Roadster Clutch adjustment

11K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  awdonald 
#1 ·
I just picked up a 99 m with 42000 on it clutch grabs 1/16 0ff the floor is there any adjustments that can be made i bleed the system and no change

#3 ·
I have the opposite problem on my Z3 where mine releases to far off the floor for my liking. Asked about if there was any way to adjust it and never really got an answer.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Bimmer App

#6 ·
I have the opposite problem on my Z3 where mine releases to far off the floor for my liking. Asked about if there was any way to adjust it and never really got an answer.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Bimmer App
You can also adjust the screw out to give you less pedal travel. I bought this clutch stop as it is larger in diameter than the stock one, eliminating my pedal from slipping past it. The only down side of it is that it doesn't screw down as far as stock so in the OP's case, it would make matters worse.

http://leatherz.com/Merchant5/merch...oduct_Code=RECS&Category_Code=Z3_Transmission

#5 ·
The only adjustment is a plastic screw on the footwell behind the pedal. If you can screw it in, that will give you a little more room. If it is all the way in, you may have other issues that require a proper bleeding of the slave or more extensive repairs or replacement.

#7 ·
Bleed the clutch to ensure that there is no air in the system

#9 ·
Fixed it

Ok so took advice from a couple of different sources and bought the ss line which also removes the valve that limits clutch engagement and what a difference :):):)

Clutch is 1-2" off the floor when it starts to catch feels and awsome :thumbup:

Still however i could not figure why you would need to remove the slave of the trans to bleed it BMW is smarter than that, i actually saw a picture someone took of a slave cut open and the bleed led to the top of the cylinder so i did it on the car :thumbup::thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.