BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Oil pressure warning

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  rwink181 
#1 ·
Took my x5 to car wash yesterday. Afterwards the low oil pressure warning was on.
Went off came back on. Etc.
Advice

#3 ·
Hello, had the same with my x5, changed the fan clutch....no more problems......
This would confuse me to no end. How the heck did you fix the "Low oil pressure warning" with a fan clutch? Must be a coincidence.
1200gs, I hope you didn't replace the fan clutch in hope of fixing the low oil pressure warning.

#4 ·
ok...sorry about that, let me explain...red oil light started to flicker with a/c on....
after reading all the posts and what people did.....somewhere i ended up on a post for fan clutch....i checked it out using a piece of a rubber hose.....fan stopped.....car started to overheat.....
so...i got a fan clutch and changed it...20 minutes......76$ at local part shop....
the X5 sounds like there s a jet engine inside now......no more oil light flickeing and no more message check oil pressure.......this only happened in hot weather and ac on.....
hope that helps you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.