BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Need some advice... Z4 Interior

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  rmorin49 
#1 ·
Hi

I am getting my Z4 soon - I have had the pure white design package option - which gives it white leather seats, wood dash etc.

I have just realised that I always wear blue jeans (literally always, all day I am in blue jeans) and i know that the colour of jeans rubs off onto leather - especially white leather.

So I need some ideas - do I go for a seat protecter? - do i sit on a towel (this will look odd)? - do i change my look and style and start wearing joggers?

Also; Do white jeans rub off onto white leather? do corduroy trousers rub off onto white leather? (was thinking about wearing white jeans or white cords to get around the problem)

:dunno:

#3 ·
There have been several posts about color coming off on the Alcantara ivory leather seats but most have said they were able to clean them using the procedure recommended by the manufacturer. I would highly recommend not wearing any jeans that have not been washed several times before sitting on your white interior. I had the same issue when my wife wore a new pair in my car with beige seats but it did come off with some leather cleaner.

#14 ·
Go noles

there have been several posts about color coming off on the alcantara ivory leather seats but most have said they were able to clean them using the procedure recommended by the manufacturer. I would highly recommend not wearing any jeans that have not been washed several times before sitting on your white interior. I had the same issue when my wife wore a new pair in my car with beige seats but it did come off with some leather cleaner.
go noles beat tarheels

#8 ·
I would ditch the jeans :) I wear mostly Corduroy pants / trousers they are very easy on my red fox leather :) also make sure you wear a soft belt.

#9 ·
I seriously doubt this will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.