BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Rolf Contact Information

265K views 743 replies 330 participants last post by  JSpira 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Contraryto previous postings, Rolf is now very responsive to e-mail. Early scheduling is recommended. He was busy on our arrival date.

+49 171-82 514 92 Phone number
rolf.pickupservice@yahoo.de

#2 ·
#5 ·
Looks like reading your e-mail is good for business. He is picking me up 8/24.

#8 ·
Athos said:
Why do that? Harms has a fixed price arrangement with cab companies of 32 Euros to the airport. They'll call the cab for you and it will be there quickly.
Hmmm, I don't recall such a set price but to be honest, I do not recall what we paid the cab to get to the airport from Harms. 30ish does sound about right, though. Maybe we gave the guy 40...I don't recall.

#10 ·
I say that is your call but I don't know the custom in Germany. I did not tip him when he picked me up at the airport and dropped us at the delivery center. However, I did tip the taxi driver who picked us up at Harms and took us to the airport...but we were in "get rid of the Euros" mode at that time.... :)

#11 ·
any one have a picture of Rolf? I understnad that he would wait for me in the terminal with a sign that has my name, correct?

But it would be much easier if I know how he looks like.... If no one has it, I will take a picture of him when I get there and post it for futere EDers, if he doesn't mind...

#12 ·
daoushy said:
I understand the Rolf's fee is 35E. The question is, is that it or should I tip him above that? :dunno:
Tip not really necessary. He is a private driver and keeps the entire 35,- EUR.

You can of course add to the 35,- if you feel he went beyond what is called for.

Tipping is not as prevalent in the BRD as the U.S.

#13 ·
daoushy said:
any one have a picture of Rolf? I understnad that he would wait for me in the terminal with a sign that has my name, correct?

But it would be much easier if I know how he looks like.... If no one has it, I will take a picture of him when I get there and post it for futere EDers, if he doesn't mind...
Rolf is an older gentleman, thinning sandy-brown hair, wheres glasses, slender, maybe 5' 10". Don't worry, there will be an easel propped up outside the door with a huge roundel on it with an arrow below pointing to his general direction. You'll be fine! :thumbup:

Oh, and I'm sure Rolf wouldn't mind a little pic.... :)

#14 ·
FYI . Rolf is on vacation.. I'll take a cab then

Dear SHADY,

I am sorry to inform you, that on this date I will be in holidays in Mallorca (20.9.- 28.9.).

I recommend to take a taxi. It will cost you ***8364;15 more, but with the S-train and the change into the Underground train you would need for the 40km dinstance = 2h drive! The taxi needs = 4o minutes.

Please let me know, in case you need more information. I am working for BMW AG since 1967.

Truly yours

RORA assistance BMW ROLF R.

#15 ·
#16 ·
daoushy said:
ED 9/22/05... Munich -> Zurich -> Geneva -> Vinice -> French Riviera.. Then Cairo, Egypt without my Bimmer Flying AirFrance in Business class .. cost $110 + ton of miles
Isn't it a bit much to list AirFrance in Business Class in your sig... after all, it's not like it's first class or anything. Business class is usually pax with upgrades and miles.

Sounds like agreat itinerary though.

Cheers.
Edward

#17 ·
EHeath said:
Isn't it a bit much to list AirFrance in Business Class in your sig... after all, it's not like it's first class or anything. Business class is usually pax with upgrades and miles.
Nothing compares to Flagship Suites up front (AA flights to LHR). Essentially almost a private room with desk. ottoman, great bed.

#19 ·
EHeath said:

Sounds like agreat itinerary though.

Cheers.
Edward
Yes, it is a bit much... I'm just too excited about it that's all ... Will take it off in a few days after its normal to me.. Hope you don't mind...

Tried First class, would only cost me 10K more miles which I have... But no availability :thumbdwn:

#20 ·
daoushy said:

picture

Here is Rolf's picture.
His email is posted somewhere in these threads. He knows it is the prefered method for most people, but he's still getting used to regular access.

Postal Address:
BMW AG
80788 Munchen
Street Address:
Konstanzer Strasse 39

phone/fax: +49 89 354-3636
mobile: +49 171 8251492

A couple of comments. When it comes to traveling, I'm amongst the cheapest individuals and spare most expenses that many would consider essential. I've chosen to ride on the back of the $1 scooter out of the airport in Cambodia over the $10 taxi; cramp myself for two hours with five locals in a bush taxi for $2.5 crossing the border into Cameroon, rented a dilapidated junk from a hole in the wall business in Colombia over better known agencies and traveled the country side... I could go on for pages on how to save a buck or two in foreign places by quickly adapting to what the local population does, so why did I choose something so seemingly pecunious as having an agent pick me up at the airport to take me to the delivery center versus just taking public transportation?
Well, Rolf's fee of 35E is ridiculously low compared to a taxi. It barely covers the cost of gas, specially if he shows up in a 7 series as he did when he picked me up. He has easy access to fleet vehicles, so he tries to use them if he can. He's quasi-retired and only does this to supplement his pension and perhaps keep himself entertained. More formally, he does Costumer Service for VIPs from Africa and the Caribbean, but since he has free time, he also brings ED purchasers from the airport to the center, and if they want, he can give them a private tour of the factory. He's been with BMW since '67, so if he keeps to the subject, he can provide a wealth of information.
You can still get to the center from the airport for less, but at about 10E for the circular route of the S/U-bahn there isn't much savings if there is more than one person in your party (I met up with my dad who had a recently operated knee so I was limiting the walking also). The train will also take at least an extra 40 min. so if you arrive in the afternoon as I did, you're cutting it close (I was scheduled to arrive at 1pm, but with some delays, I was by far, the last person at the delivery center, --I barely got to use my coupon for the cafe upstairs, as they were half-closing). You may save some time if you take the Luftansa shuttle to a bahn station as some have suggested, but then you haven't saved anything when you add the shuttle and the train.
Lastly, Rolf is a very chatting person, and unlike a cab driver, he knows exactly why you are there. So he can answer some questions if you still have them, such as driving regulations, or the meaning of some signs on the road if you haven't spent much time in Europe before. I mentioned to him my subsequent drive to Koln that evening, and he was able to suggest a place to stop midpoint 300km away where I could sample some sausages at a particular festival taking place that week.
So if you don't get an answer by email, I would suggest you spend the extra buck on the phone call to Germany and reach him on his mobile, give him your date and flight number, and he'll let you know if he's available.

Attachments

#21 ·
Rolf did a great job. He is trying to figure out how to sign on to Bimmerfest so he can be here to represent himself.

#22 ·
daoushy said:
I'm Shady, that is my first name :D
Pleasure then to meet you, Shady. Jonathan here.

Funny how screen names sometimes remove any assocation with one's first name.

#23 ·
ATC BMW said:
Rolf did a great job. He is trying to figure out how to sign on to Bimmerfest so he can be here to represent himself.
That would be great. I'm assuming his English is good - do you know what's stopping him from figuring it out? I could help him auf Deutsch.

#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.