BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

ABS wheel sensors

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ecm2003 
#1 ·
I've used my DMM to perform the simple test on the pin connector from the ABS module to the wheel speed sensors. I have run the test multiple times to insure that I am getting good connections and that my readings are the same. I get .0L on ever circuit switching from neg to pos and pos to neg. On all four pin sets I get the same results-no results at all-just .0L. The car is a 2003 530i with 190,000 miles on it. I bought it 2 years ago and got it cheap. The guy who owned it was the original owner and did keep it in good shape for the first 7 years he owned it but the last three years he let it go to hell. It needed and has had a ton of DIY work on it since then. The list is long so I won't go into it. The trifecta lights come on after driving for a short distance. My cruise control does not work after the lights come on. I just stopped at O'Riellys for a check engine light that came on during a 200 mile trip this weekend. The scanner said it was a wheel speed sensor at position 'A', whatever that means. I know there are many more test I can do to help determine which wheel sensor(s) are bad but with no response from any of them in the simple diode test I am tempted to pull my hair out as it is stated numerous times it is unlikely "2" sensors would go bad at the same time.:mad:

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.