BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

shark fin antenna

6K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  energetik9 
#1 ·
I don't like the shark fin antenna on my 128i coupe. The car is pre-wired for satellite radio, but has neither a satellite radio nor navigation. Are there options for different antennas?

#2 ·
I'm sure there are aftermarket options. First of all, I like the antenna. I think it is not only unique to BMW, I like the look. Second, it is a multi-function device. I'm not a technical expert, but I'm sure it functions as your AM/FM antenna also.

Not to mention, if you remove the shark fin, you'll have a hole and likely a mark from the base of the shark fin. Why deal with all that? With all that being said, my wife has the 128 vert. It has a smaller shark fin on the deck of the trunk, but because of the size, she still has a fixed antenna for AM/FM.

#7 ·
Car, you tend to get into the car verbiage on here. Vert = convertible. Merc.....Mercedes. etc.

And then if you're a fan of Top Gear, you start getting into the british terms, like "boot". :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.