3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  H F 
#1 ·
On my 2007 BMW 530xi

I've been going through the internet and the forums-- What I got from it:

Check Battery
Check Alternator
Turn Wheel completely left/right
Check fuses.

I checked all of these. None worked. I put a scanner to the vehicle and the only error code which it provided feedback for was the thermostat.

I was driving around without any lights besides left licence tag light, left parking lamp, and left fog light malfunction when I noticed my left rear bearing was making an awful noise. I decided to replace the bearing and it turned out to be a very lengthy, laboring process since my car is way out of warranty and I do not want to take it anywhere near a dealer unless it is absolutely necessary. The replacement turned into a 7 day process, as the car was left on a jack for 7 days in the air. The bearing SEEMS to have been successfully replaced, as the awful grinding noise is no more, but after 30 seconds had past after we put the vehicle down from the jack and drove it, I received an AWD, DSC, ABS, and EMERG EBV message.

What are some possible reasons for this error?

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
There is a difference in wheel speed rotation when you have a grinding bearing . Have you tried driving the car , turn it off and then back on and see if they clear ?

Also you need diagnostic software to further diagnose the issue if the warnings remain .. Especially when regular code readers don't pic up the corresponding warning error codes .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.