BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

DME EWS ignition door and trunk lock + key

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  530iman 
#1 ·
If I buy the entire kit off eBay ( DME, EWS, Ignition, door lock, trunk lock and KEY). Will it be plug and play? Do I need to send it to BMW or someone who can code it. I own a shop and have a 2002 530i sport left behind by a customer with no key and it will take some time to do the abandonment paperwork on it, in the meantime I would like to be able to move the vehicle around my shop freely. Im contemplating parting it out but I don't know yet, I have about 2400.00 in parts in labor in the vehicle now. Long story about how the customer got the key but we now have a lock box for all keys in the shop. My local dealer told me once I get the paperwork in my name I can just order a key, it takes a long time to get this done because of how the vehicle was left behind. Short question is>>>> What can I do if I have no key and no paperwork.

#3 · (Edited)
The guys over at RMS claim to be able to bypass the EWS by reprogramming the DME. Then you just need a key made, or a replacement lock and cylinder.

http://www.rmsonlinestore.com/BMW-Unlocked-ECU-DME-EWS-Bypass_c7.htm

I've also read that it is possible to reprogram a new keycode into the EWS, at least with EWS 1,2,3+. Not sure about EWS 4.3

I guess none of the above really help with the initial problem of a physical key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.