BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New to the 7 family.. What year has the most problems??

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  bimmer7 
#1 ·
i heard that the 02 had the a lot of problems, first year switching over to fiberoptics etc.

Whats a good year to look for??
02, 03, or maybe 04.. 05 and 06 out of my budget

#3 ·
More then a few had problems with the 02s... stay far away from any 2002 model... iam iin the process of having mine getting bought back... go for an 03 you can get it cheaper then an 04 and plus the warranty is longer on an 03 they came with a year 100k warranty so you'll be in warranty a year longer then you would with an 04!! good luck... an just do yourself a favor and stay farrrrrrrr away from an 02!!

#4 ·
:thumbdwn: Not entirely true...Just cause you got urself a needle in the hay doesnt mean they are all bad ;) Plus yea 03's is a safe bet...but if u can find an '02 CPO at BMW dealer with a good service history...it might be a good buy too...jus look around and make sure you buy one thats CPO from BMW to avoid any troubles...like some of us have incurred by buying them off private dealers :eeps:

#5 ·
Not entirely true...Just cause you got urself a needle in the hay doesnt mean they are all bad

Bimmer7,
correct me if iam wrong, but didn't you have the engine an tranny replaced in your '02 ?? I'd say about 80 percent of the 02s have problems they shouldn't have... the 2002 BMW 745 has one of the highest buyback percentages of ANY car ever produced and that's a fact... dude stay away from the 2002's CPO'd or not... the warrantys are up on most of them in roughly a year anyways... then you'll be screwed.. anyways have a great day!!

#7 ·
Not entirely true...Just cause you got urself a needle in the hay doesnt mean they are all bad

Bimmer7,
correct me if iam wrong, but didn't you have the engine an tranny replaced in your '02 ?? I'd say about 80 percent of the 02s have problems they shouldn't have... the 2002 BMW 745 has one of the highest buyback percentages of ANY car ever produced and that's a fact... dude stay away from the 2002's CPO'd or not... the warrantys are up on most of them in roughly a year anyways... then you'll be screwed.. anyways have a great day!!
Probably closer to eight percent than eighty percent..

#6 ·
okay well today i saw a white 745li with tan interior. i d rather get white with black but white is hard to fine in the first place.

Anyways i picked up its vin and i have a copy of the service history from the dealership. i m going to send the vin over to my buddy and i ll have him print me out a service history him. maybe the dealerhsip hid some stuff away.

its white outside, tan inside.
it has heated front and rear seats, cold seats, the trunk close feature.. i m not sure what else other then the regular stuff.

the service history stated, the old owner said some issues with battery and tranny and supposedly all have been fixed.
also it does have the 100 mile warrantee and its not cpo, supposdly for the 03 its better to have the 100mile non cpo warrantee because that covers everything.

The interiro trim had cracks in it, so the dealership said all that should be fixed underwarrantee, all i know is that if i decide to buy that car, i ll have the sales person write me down and state all the noticable issues to be replaced underwarrantee and i ll have him sign it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.