BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The Windsormobile has arrived

9K views 48 replies 22 participants last post by  windsor027 
#1 · (Edited)
:cry: of joy man, I promise the car Gods never to stray again from the family.

Honestly guys I have forgotten how great this car felt on my test drive back in May. The stick, butter and silk, direct, awesome on the downshifting and damn its hard to keep this thing below 4K rpms. I was going to spend a couple of hours setting things up, phone, music etc, but I said the hell of it and hit some nice roads around Great Falls. One word comes to mind. Orgasmic.

For those that care I didn't take the car out of sport+ and it felt AWESOME. Steering nice and tight and direct, suspension stiff but very comfortable on the road anomalies, and very little if any body lean. But the best part for my money is the manual. I swear if I had that guy from C/D I think that said this manual is average I would clobber him upside the head and tell him to get a job flipping burgers.

Anyway I want to thank everyone here for all the good times and support during the almost 4 months wait. It was so worth it, every damn second of it.

some quick pictures, heavy overcast in DC today plus I took them late afternoon, I just had to drive this thing first. I will be keeping a log and taking notes so that in a few weeks I can give you a run down from an owners perspective.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
You and I have our tail BJ. Smart, beautiful and major contributors to our live style instead of drainers if you know what I mean. ;)

So I guess this means that the soft suspension, lousy steering and tacked on iDrive screen don't bother you. :dunno:

Only kidding! Only kidding!

congrats and good luck with the new car.

Post some pics ASAP.

CA
Captain all I got to say you have got to drive this car. A lot of us respect your opinion and honestly I think you will come away very very impressed.

#7 · (Edited)
So I guess this means that the soft suspension, lousy steering and tacked on iDrive screen don't bother you. :dunno:

Only kidding! Only kidding!

congrats and good luck with the new car.

Post some pics ASAP.

CA

#9 · (Edited)
Congrats and enjoy! :thumbup:
That red trim really does look sharp in the right interior (i.e., not too "busy" with other colors). "Windsormobile"...love it. :)

I swear if I had that guy from C/D I think that said this manual is average I would clobber him upside the head and tell him to get a job flipping burgers.
PM me if you need volunteers to help hold him down. :rofl:

#16 ·
awesome pics!! Good luck with the car.

#27 · (Edited)
Did you test drive a 328 with 6speed? Do they feel similar? I'm asking because I want to order by 3series soon and trying to decide between 328 or 335 but I have been unable to find a 6speed 335 in the MD area to test drive. I liked how the 328 drives. I test drove a 335 Automatic and it was nice but felt totally different from 328.

I test drove the Audi S4 in manual and fell in love with the car. However, the value does not seem there because the BMW is better equiped and looks nicer. I am torn.

#28 ·
I did, My feeling was the same as yours in the beginning why do I need a 335i? Then I test drove another 335i 6-MT with the M-adaptive suspension and i was totally sold on it. Don't get me wrong the 328i has come a long way since the E90 328i. But if you get right down to it, especially in manual the N55 engine has almost no turbo lag and the torque is available so low that its a pleasure to drive with a 6-MT. the N20 is a great engine but when compared to the N55, its not as smooth, you work a bit harder to keep the revs in the sweet spot of the torque curve, and runs out of breath sooner. for my money the N55 is made for a 6-MT and if you go with it get the adaptive suspension. It simply makes the car handle better. Since you also drove the S4 and love it then you simply will not be satisfied IMO with the 328i, get the 335i.

#31 · (Edited)
go for it. You are going to be paying a sizable amount of money so yea take your time and make the correct choice for you.

Congratulations and a huge thank you for your observations RE: the steering vibration (or lack thereof). I'm more and more confident that when my AW 335xi shows up in a week or two it'll meet and exceed my expectations.
No problem I think you will be fine.

#32 ·
Congrats,good luck,enjoy. Now comes the fun :thumbup:
cheers
vern

#35 ·
Sweet! I love seeing the new F30s as they arrive. Enjoy that new ride! :thumbup:

#38 ·
Yea you have to hit them just right because I swear you see all those Mcleanite trophy wives with the AMG63 Mercs going 25 miles per hour. One of my favorites stretches is George town Pike a mile or so before getting to 495. A lovely pair of S bends on Sport+ yesterday I had the car in a mini 4 wheel drift. It was heaven. But you need to be careful, traffic is heavy.

#43 ·
man i am loving this car, the way it drives its awesome. And by accident I think the red stripe is perfect with the all black interior (I choose glossy black trim). its going to be hard to keep it clean but I will give it my best shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.