BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

radio lockout, have code, need seq

25K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  dufferoo 
#1 ·
Brain farting----I got the code to enter but cant find the correct sequence of buttons to hit, is it hit the code alone, or the band button then the code? or ???? button then code then button? Am planning on calling dealer to see if can help. Car was down for a tranny replacement to cause the radio code need entered, anyone help here

#4 ·
Am going to try thr 1 hour key on process- also powllsd, I posted at 0400 and waiting for anything never was a thing I enjoyed. If could resolve before talking nto the dealer, then wanted to. Also have seen varying responses to what the dealer will/won't do, and
am big on covering all bases.

#5 ·
jusflotnalng said:
Am going to try thr 1 hour key on process- also powllsd, I posted at 0400 and waiting for anything never was a thing I enjoyed. If could resolve before talking nto the dealer, then wanted to. Also have seen varying responses to what the dealer will/won't do, and
am big on covering all bases.
yeah waiting does suck sometimes but you could have atleast searched before you ask. alot of people around here will slam you for not researching first. Just a FYI

#6 ·
Just did mine the other day .
1) turn off radio
2) disconnect negative on battery for a few minutes then reconnect.
3) turn key to on position but do not start
4)go do some chores around the house for 1 hour and 15 minutes
5) turn key off then turn key on but do not start
6) turn on radio and enter code
You should be all set . If you enter wrong code 2 or 3 times go back to step 1
:thumbup:

#7 ·
maineman, all who responded....after many attempts with correct code, battery disconnect, wait an hour and then varying wait times, 2 hours finally clicked and it happened as it should, radio needed a reset for favorites, but expected that, would point out{one post somewhere said diff} if code is 1 push button 1, 2 for 2, etc. A week of driving my daughters former daily driver without the radio gave me ample time to hear all the little noises a car makes {you really should know them anyhow} ready to now drown them out and CRANK IT UP! other cars are 90 325i 2 door project, 84 733i back up car, and my now daily driver 89 325i, 4 door with a new auto tranny, and 90 f250.......German cars .Ford trucks

#8 ·
jusflotnalng said:
maineman, all who responded....after many attempts with correct code, battery disconnect, wait an hour and then varying wait times, 2 hours finally clicked and it happened as it should, radio needed a reset for favorites, but expected that, would point out{one post somewhere said diff} if code is 1 push button 1, 2 for 2, etc. A week of driving my daughters former daily driver without the radio gave me ample time to hear all the little noises a car makes {you really should know them anyhow} ready to now drown them out and CRANK IT UP! other cars are 90 325i 2 door project, 84 733i back up car, and my now daily driver 89 325i, 4 door with a new auto tranny, and 90 f250.......German cars .Ford trucks
:loco: :confused: .........my head is spinning......to many topics cramped in

#10 ·
I just did this procedure on an 1987 6 series yesterday and it worked perfect! Thanks to MaineMan!!

Just did mine the other day .
1) turn off radio
2) disconnect negative on battery for a few minutes then reconnect.
3) turn key to on position but do not start
4)go do some chores around the house for 1 hour and 15 minutes
5) turn key off then turn key on but do not start
6) turn on radio and enter code
You should be all set . If you enter wrong code 2 or 3 times go back to step 1
👍
[/QUOTE]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.