BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Correct & complete OEM aux Retrofit install

309K views 438 replies 126 participants last post by  PAPER 
#1 · (Edited)
I made these 2 videos for those of you who have a FaceLift Ask Unit & FaceLift MMI
that would like to do the Auxiliary plug Mod in your car . I also made them cause
some 1 accused me of taking credit for there work . There are 2 members on here
that can confirm I have had the Auxiliary feature in my 2002 745LI for just under
4 MONTHS . They have Both been in my car on several different occasions & have
seen it with there own eye's a few month's back .

Those 2 members are =

Rookie2008 ( real name is MARK )
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/member.php?u=225734

B7M4W5 (real name is CARLOS )
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/member.php?u=260565

DO AT YOUR OWN RISK
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU CAUSE TO YOUR CARS .

Published on Jul 28, 2012

FOR ALL OF YOU PRIVATE MESSAGING ME , IT IS EASIER IF YOU JUST LEAVE
ME A # I CAN CALL YOU AT INSTEAD OF AN EMAIL ADDRESS .

THE PRICE ON THIS MOD DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU PAY FOR THE PARTS NEEDED .
THESE PARTS ARE NEEDED FOR THESE YEARS OF YOUR E65 E66 =

1 = ASK UNIT IS NEEDED FROM = ( 02 TO EARLY 06 )
2 = MMI SCREEN IS NEEDED FROM = ( 02 TO 05 )
3 = AUX CABLE NEEDED ALL YEARS NOT EQUIPPED WITH IT
4 = AT TUNER NEEDED = ( WHEN APPLICABLE 02 TO EARLY 06 )

& YES YOU STILL HAVE TO HAVE THE AUX FEATURE CODED
SO IT SHOWS UP ON YOUR SCREEN . THE DEALER WILL NOT
CODE THE AUX FEATURE ON YOUR CAR . YOU WILL NEED TO
FIND SOMEONE TO CODE IT FOR YOU , OR YOU CAN LEARN TO
CODE IT YOURSELF ...

=== READ CAREFULLY ===

BE SURE TO CHECK THE BUILD DATE ON PARTS &
MAKE SURE THEY ARE FROM A CAR BUILT IN LATE 06
, 07 , 08

IF YOU HAVE AN 02 TO 05 YOU WOULD NEED

1 = MMI SCREEN ( BUILD DATE FROM 06 UP T0 08 )
2 = ASK UNIT / CD PLAYER ( BUILD DATE 07 UP 08 )
3 = AT/TUNER ( BUILD DATE 06 UP 08 )

=== READ CAREFULLY ===
FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH AN EARLY BUILD DATE 06 .
YOU WOULD NEED

1 = ASK UNIT/CD PLAYER ( BUILD DATE 07 TO 08 )
2 = AT TUNER ( WHEN APPLICABLE BUILD DATE LATE 06 TO 08 )

THIS WILL WORK ON ANY 745 OR 750 FROM 2002 TO 2008 AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE CORRECT PARTS NEEDED ...

=== READ CAREFULLY ===

YOU WILL STILL NEED TO HAVE THE AUXILIARY FEATURE
CODED ONTO YOUR MMI SCREEN BY SOMEONE WHO CAN DO IT .
PREFERABLY AN EXPERIENCED CODER .

THE DEALER WILL NOT ADD THE AUX FEATURE TO YOUR CAR !!!

PIN POSITIONS =

2 = RIGHT = RED/WHITE
7 = LEFT = BLUE/WHITE
8 = GROUND = BLACK OR WHITE & BROWN

DO AT YOUR OWN RISK
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO
TO YOUR CAR !!!

PLEASE WATCH BOTH VIDEOS .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4imynuJ2Oc&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9lkxUDMrDk&feature=channel&list=UL

IF YOU CLICK THE SHOW MORE UNDER THE VIDEO , YOU WILL SEE
THE PART # & A LINK TO PURCHASE THE PART ON AMAZON .

LEFT SIDE OF THE PICTURE IS A NON FACELIFT
RIGHT SIDE OF THE PICTURE IS A FACELIFT

Attachments

See less See more
#211 ·
AUX enabled in MMI but not showing up

I have a 2006 750Li (E66) and I have confirmed from all the pictures posted in the forum that I have the facelift ASK and MMI. I cannot get the the +NAUX coded into the VO, get the invalid feature for FA message using NCSExpert. In the meanwhile I went ahead and set AUX to aktiv in the MMIGT, but I do not see the AUXoption displayed in MMI. I read back from the MMI and confirmed that AUX is aktiv now.Does this mean that my MMI does not support the AUX ?

#215 ·
Hi everyone, doing this to my 06 750i and I reckon I might have to update my ask unit however I do have one with the mode and fm/am buttons. But my problem is I've programmed aux into the mmi without trouble but when I click on it I don't get sound and it doesn't highlight orange like a few others problems I also try to adjust volume but no bar comes up for me. I've tried adding +naux to my vo but was getting the fa error so also tried removing cd changer and doing it again but still get the fa error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#218 ·
BMW E65 AUX Conection

Hi there,

I have a BMW e65 730D, which I just bought. I saw your video on installing the AUX connection, it was very helpful. I had already done that process, but I have not got a AUX option available on my idrive? How can I code it? Is it difficult? Please help!

Thanks

#220 ·
Mine works however the volume through the aux cord seems to be shabby. When playing music through the auc cord the sound distorts once it's turned up to a certain point. Volume thru the ask unit sounds good and full but playing through the aux sound horrible.
It could have something to do with the way the subs and amo are hooked up??

#223 ·
Thanks. It sounds even worse. I haven't been listening to music thru my phone cuz it sounded so bad. Haven't really been driving the car. Went out and plugged the o***322; phone in and man does it sound like crap. I Remember the stereo shop saying it needed a jl audio clean sweep or something to process the sound faster?? I'm just using the aux amp connection that that dude was selling on this site. forget the name?
I'm still thinking it might be a bad ask unit or possibly something in the wiring from the ask unit to the aux plug its self?

#231 · (Edited)
Sorry maybe my english not so good but what im trying to say if i go to mmigt module it says aux nich aktiv so i thought it is possible to codded ... When i change to aktiv i save .. i try to coded but it doesnt show on the cars screen... Not sure maybe im doing something wrong

Cant find any videos how to code aux on e65 :(

#232 ·
Sorry maybe my english not so good but what im trying to say if i go to mmigt module it says aux nich aktiv so i thought it is possible to codded ... When i change to aktiv i save .. i try to coded but it doesnt show on the cars screen... Not sure maybe im doing something wrong
Ok that's a little more clear . You must
Be doing something wrong , as long as
you have a Facelift MMI you can code
the Aux to Aktiv so it shows on your screen .
Have you coded the VO yet ???

#242 · (Edited)
Your answer is in this very topic if I'm
not mistaken , with An explanation
why it's not possible ... May I suggest
you scroll back to find it . Than again
I might have read it in another topic ,
SORRY I cant recall the spot I read it in ...

Or just accept it's not possible to upgrade
The older units ...

#243 ·
I need this aux. install but would rather have a pro do it. Can someone refer a tech or shop in the south jersey/philly area to have this done. I was given the name of a shop in the KOP area but the guy was not too sure and said he saw the part needed for like $600 alone which is crazy. Also how do I know if I have a facelift ASK and MMI? I have an 06 750i

#244 ·
can i do the aux ?

How do i kno if i can add the auxiliary for my phone to play music thru speakers? How do i k o if i have the facelict or not,its a 2003 745li. Also have a question about my foglights that i can find the thread for it, i seen a thread but my hid bulb wont stay in and the halogen bulb that was in originally has a metal clip that keeps it held in place, well the hid bulb will not use the same clip down. So my question is how do i keep the new bulb in?sorry i kno this isnt the right forum for the question so im sorry and new to this..

#253 · (Edited)

Not sure if it was here, but
All you need is coded 2006+MMI and 2007+ask unit, and it will work with any 2002+ car. You don't need newer radio tuner module. I didn't see anyone here saying about pre face lifted tuner and what you need to change for newer ask unit to work with older tuner.

Also in prefacelifted cars you can use with small modification old face, (notice you can't just install old face into newer ask unit- buttons will not work correctly- you need to install newer board into older face) so you don't need wooden trim from face lifted car. So if you use old ask unit face you don't need anything. Basically it will look the same, since am/fm buttons won't work anyways.
All you need is to code MMI to accept aux and code ask unit to work with older tuner.
Also if your car not equipped with L7, make sure newer ask unit has this option disabled as well.
If someone interested I have both 2008 units from my older 745. Will work plug and play on any e65.

#255 ·
Not sure if it was here, but
All you need is coded MMI and ask unit, and it will work with any 2002+ car. You don't need newer radio tuner module.
All you need is to code MMI to accept aux and code ask unit to work with older tuner.
Also if yoir car not equipped with L7, make sure newer ask unit has this option disabled as well.
If someone interested I have both units from my older 745. Will work plug and play on any e65.
Very interested how much show me pictures email : jafldi@gmail.com

#259 · (Edited)

Ok, VO FA matters but in real life it's not such a big deal, though it's nice when everything is correct.
Point is my units will work in any e65/66 2002-2006 as is, some options though might not work bc every car has different options, but in general it'll work as is.
Btw paper didn't answer about old tuner with newer MMI, I couldn't find it here.

#260 · (Edited)
Ok, VO FA matters but in real life it's not such a big deal, though it's nice when everything is correct.
Point is my units will work in any e65/66 2002-2006 as is, some options though might not work bc every car has different options, but in general it'll work as is.
Btw paper didn't answer about old tuner with newer MMI, I couldn't find it here.
Maybe read again , I did answer you about old tuner . ( Look at #2 )

& in REAL LIFE it does matter , As everyone wants there car done
the right way & everything working correctly . Your method is not
the correct way of doing this & it does cause issue's
( SO FACE IT & GIVE IT A REST ALREADY )
You even confirm & state in your own reply ( post #259 )

QUOTE = " some options though might not work bc every car has different options. "
I already made that statement above & now your confirming it ...

PS: if your trying to sell your parts that's fine , but go
& post them in the Classified section of this site ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.