BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Official Pricing and Ordering Guide for 5 Series (F10) Model Year 2014

85K views 213 replies 61 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
See less See more
#2 ·
Option 3DZ seems to suggest they will delete the line badge from your car, nice. Also looks like you only get 2 nappa choices, mocha and ivory.

Thanks for posting pharding!

#79 ·
+1

A friend has a black BMW convertible with a dark brown interior, it's a very attractive combination IMHO.

#4 ·
Interesting..to get the exact build I have now on a MY14, I would be forced to get ARS, since DDC is no longer a stand-alone option. Therefore, my MSRP would go up $2300 but I would gain ARS. It appears the pricing is pretty much identical to 2013, just differently packaged and some options forced as standard to start-off with. I wonder how they come up with this stuff?? The switching up on us every year is kind of wierd, but most likely some ingenious ploy to make us pay for more options..:rofl:

It nice to know they finally upgraded the FOGs to LEDs. Halogens on a 70K+ car was kind of odd for this day and age... :rofl:

#5 ·
pharding, thank you so much for posting!:thumbup:

I can't complain too much about the pricing. With my favorite configuration, the price went up $800. Considering that the new config now contains LED headlights, a sport transmission and 19" wheels instead of 18", I think this is a great deal!

I'll have to double-check my calculations because I really expected worse..

EDIT: Ah, I found it! My previous config included ARS and that's gone (thanks, LukeS!). Hmm, will be though if I should take the plunge and get DHP or save a bit and get Integral Steering instead.;)

#8 ·
Another observation: Seems we won't be getting the (optional) all digital speedometer.

#9 · (Edited)
Official Pricing Guide 5 Series (F10) Model Year 2014

Nope, shows 6WA EXTENDED Content only.... USA only as the photos clearly show it on the interior of the 550i.

Also the full LED is 1900. Unreal. All of the option packages seem to have gone up, never mind the lines up charge .

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#11 ·
i am pissed as i just got my 2013 and dealer told me new ones wont be here till october...

#13 · (Edited)
So, the Mocha brown nappa leather is available with the MSport? If so, that is my next interior color.

Edit: found the answer, yes it is.

#14 ·
So, the Coco brown nappa leather is available with the MSport? If so, that is my next interior color.
I'm trying to find an image of this color, can you point me to an example? I've looked through the other models and can't find an exact match. Is it similar to the old saddle brown?

#48 ·
This interior looks awesome. :thumbup:

#16 ·

Ah ok. I got my hopes up for a second, never got a chance to order saddle brown and always liked the color.

#18 ·

Mocha looks awesome. Similar to cohiba with a little more red

#19 ·
Ahh, LED fog lights. I would have loved that, though I never use them so it's not a big deal. They do look a little nicer with some trim inside the actual lights, which is virtually unnoticeable unless kneeling down and looking straight in. Still, I like these little details.

I priced out my exact car now, and even with the $2K higher MSRP entry price and $250 more expensive M Sport, and even WITH the $2K LED Lighting Package, it's coming out to ONLY a few hundred dollars more than my car.... does that make sense? How the hell can it be cheaper if I take out the LED headlights.... maybe I calculated wrong. Seems they dropped the technology package which my car had.

How do you get the Black Panel Display or HUD then on the 535i's? I see no option for that aside from the "Executive Package" which isn't available on anything but the 550????

#21 ·
How do you get the Black Panel Display or HUD then on the 535i's? I see no option for that aside from the "Executive Package" which isn't available on anything but the 550????
You now have to get the $1800 driver assistance package which includes Hud.

They dropped the tech package since navigation is now standard.

#20 · (Edited)
Answered in the other thread but I'll post here as well...you need to order the drivers assistance package to get HUD and 6WA in the 528 and 535. I got a chance to price out everything tonight for a 2013 and 2014 and came out to about a $600 increase (550i). I'm excluding the nappa element since they are only giving you two colors to choose from as I usually go with black leather. If you include nappa then you're actually coming out ahead with the LCI, plus you get the extra HP.

#22 · (Edited)
Ahh. Is 6WA the new display that looks like a video game, or the Black Panel Display that digitally mimics the classic BMW speedo? Interesting to notice they changed the "opening" parts of the speedo rings. They're currently "open" logically at the bottom portion, and the LCI has the "openings" at the inner portions.

My exact car would be only $150 more than it is now. Add another $100 and I get the added "Blind Spot Asst" stuff I couldn't really care about but seem like a good value for just $100 in the "Driver Assistant Plus" Package. Unreal, considering the car itself costs $2K more and the M Sport Package costs $250 more. Seems they're taxing people who don't Option out their cars more, and not affecting us who do, or if anything, maybe benefitting those who rack up tons of Options even more-so.

#27 ·
6WA is what you get now when you order HUD. Real gauges with black panel numerals and a black panel across the bottom.

6WB is the FULL digital gauges that reconfigure based on driving mode.

#23 ·
Pricing seems pretty good actually. Assuming I calculated things correctly, an equivalent car the way I would buy it in 2013 compared to 2014 is about $300 more in 2014, but includes LED headlights.

I'm a little disappointed to see the loss of the two tone interior, but I'm pretty sure I'd get Mocha nappa. Also seems that all models get the beefier sport steering wheel as standard, a big improvement over the thin one available on the non-sport models. SAT also appears to be standard in the 550 models.

With the extra power on the N63tu engine and LED headlights, that makes it a very compelling upgrade for me when my lease is up. I hope that the steering and suspension improvements also tighten things up a bit. Look forward to the reviews. It's either going to be the F10 or F15 for me next year.

#29 ·
Which option makes the instrument cluster different between the two below?

Good question. I wonder what differentiates the two gauges.

The "Modern" gauges appear to be different altogether, as they have a more 3D design with the edges raised outwards.

6WA is what you get now when you order HUD. Real gauges with black panel numerals and a black panel across the bottom.

6WB is the FULL digital gauges that reconfigure based on driving mode.
Ah. Odd that we aren't getting 6WB for the LCI even. Though I like 6WA a lot more as it's the perfect interpretation of digital crispness with classic analog texture. Also it looks even more cool when gauges that look SO real appear from the black panels.

#26 · (Edited)
You have to order the "modern line" to get the oyster dash.

ETA: didn't notice the difference, I'm guessing it has something to do with the line chosen. Also not sure why you wouldn't have the whole steering wheel be the same color, the steering controls are in black. Strange.

#28 ·
I didn't include the LED lights in my build, is that something I should reconsider? I always thought they were added for cosmetic purposes (audi) and have a hard time justifying 2k for lights. Maybe I'm wrong??

#31 ·

I would base my decision purely on cosmetic versus function since the standard lights are more than sufficient. I prefer the current round LED angel eyes versus the new one (too busy for my taste). However, I'm sure the new LEDs are brighter and whiter than the standard lights. 1.9K is a huge premium to from xenon to led. The cost between these two lights can not be more than a couple hundred bucks. This should be a 500 to 700 dollar upgrade at best IMO.

#30 ·
#32 ·
I really like the creating of "Lines". It's a very smart way for BMW to try and almost force people to be individual with these cars. With BMW's approach to gain more mass, they know in order to keep things interesting, fresh and "Premium" on the roads, they need their cars to look uniquely equipped from one another, to avoid that "Fleet look", to make it appear like drivers are all passionate enthusiasts who want to spend time and tailor their cars to themselves.

As a driver of one of these cars, I'll enjoy seeing less boring "common" setups. Our M Sports will stand out more, the Luxury Lines will stand out from the rest, the "Modern", and then the ones who want to just "blend in" can get the no-Package look. Perfect, IMO.

#35 ·
I really like the creating of "Lines". It's a very smart way for BMW to try and almost force people to be individual with these cars. With BMW's approach to gain more mass, they know in order to keep things interesting, fresh and "Premium" on the roads, they need their cars to look uniquely equipped from one another, to avoid that "Fleet look", to make it appear like drivers are all passionate enthusiasts who want to spend time and tailor their cars to themselves.

As a driver of one of these cars, I'll enjoy seeing less boring "common" setups. Our M Sports will stand out more, the Luxury Lines will stand out from the rest, the "Modern", and then the ones who want to just "blend in" can get the no-Package look. Perfect, IMO.
I disagree. I don't think the lines move the cars to more individuality. I can no longer order Cinnamon Brown leather with SAT in a 535, as one example. The packages seem to force you into a more standard preselected grouping of options. :mad:

#33 ·
I too like the idea of lines a lot for the same reasons. Individuality without additional cost is great.

#34 ·
Exactly. At least BMW is trying to maintain individuality amongst their mass market cars, and these Lines are a way to almost force that as best they can. Mercedes is doing the opposite by giving their Sport Package away for free, therefore cramming that look down 99.9% of cars ordered's throats. It looks cheap, boring, and kills the longevity of interesting-value of a car, IMO.

#36 ·
I see the 2014's will be available in August. Any idea when they'll start taking orders?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.