BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Annual Oil Service - Diesel Not Covered by the maintenance plan

5K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  alphaod 
#1 · (Edited)
Houston dealer says, Annual/Low Mileage oil service is not covered for Diesels X5's - any truth to that. They refused and I have case pending with BMWNA, they are looking into it.

I have lived in IL and CA, no issues there with getting the low mileage oil change

#32 ·
diesel free oil chg. not ???

re war & serv man, What page please ????
I to have been told by service manager diesel eng. cars "low milage" is not covered!!! they gave me a so called sbi from BMW that states "Low milage on a diesel eng equipped car is not covered but gas powered is covered" several sf bay area dealers have told me the same. yet over the ph they say bring it in, but when I do they say the "Warranty Clerk says "no! not covered"
so please give us the pge no, when I showed the Fremont CA dealer the war booklet the sa said the war booklet I showed him was for the Gas Engine cars yes I know this sounds insane but can't get the issue of the free oil change past the war clerks...?
also how did you contact BMWNA to have them tell you they will get back to you?? Sounds a lot like "THe check is in the Mail" I hope you're not sitting there holding your breath because of what some clerk told you, please names and phone nos.

#35 ·
re war & serv man, What page please ????
I to have been told by service manager diesel eng. cars "low milage" is not covered!!! they gave me a so called sbi from BMW that states "Low milage on a diesel eng equipped car is not covered but gas powered is covered" several sf bay area dealers have told me the same. yet over the ph they say bring it in, but when I do they say the "Warranty Clerk says "no! not covered"
so please give us the pge no, when I showed the Fremont CA dealer the war booklet the sa said the war booklet I showed him was for the Gas Engine cars yes I know this sounds insane but can't get the issue of the free oil change past the war clerks...?
also how did you contact BMWNA to have them tell you they will get back to you?? Sounds a lot like "THe check is in the Mail" I hope you're not sitting there holding your breath because of what some clerk told you, please names and phone nos.
Email is CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com and it took a while to get it resolved, in the end they did say that low mileage oil change is covered for diesels

#6 ·
It's covered 100% here in NC. I specifically asked about the maintenance when we bought ours. They said it's the same as all the other vehicles.

#7 ·
Only thing I've gotten hassled over is topping off oil. My dealer does it free but some do not.

#8 ·
Annual Oil Service...Diesel not covered?

I may be paranoid, but I would be somewhat concerned that an annoyed service rep may see to it that your car gets a "wall job," where it really isn't serviced. I hope that that sort of thing doesn't happen, but, out of an abundance of caution, you might consider taking it to another BMW dealer to verify that the work at your dealership had in fact been done.

I would probably also use a different service writer or dealership in the future if you're not satisfied or continue to have concerns.

Richard

#9 ·
Why don't you bring the issue up to the General Manager. Sometimes they don't know what's actually going on due to associates hiding their behavior. Send him an email or call his direct line and leave him a voice mail.

#23 ·
Be really useful to know your last oilchange date/mileage as well as current mileage...

#11 ·
I call BS ON THE DEALERSHIP.

Find a new one! Trying to talk to the GM is pointless as it indicates that their service bussiness product model is one that's a complete and utter failure. So you might have issues with them in the future

#14 ·
It's 12 months or 15000 for gas and diesel I think is 12 month or 12000 miles. Which ever comes first.

#13 · (Edited)
I just had the Annual Low Mile Oil and Filter Change performed on my 2012 X5 35D when I took it in to have the two recalls due on the vehicle addressed. I currently have 8,690 mile on the vehicle. In fact I was told I need to bring it back in another 2,400 miles to have the "normal oil change" performed. They also topped off the DEF since i was now running on the reserve.

This was the first time the oil was changed and I have owned my diesel X5 for 12 months.

I agree with the post above, find a new dealer.

#22 ·
What ^ said.

The OP is a diesel owner, every year or 12K they need to automatically change the oil.

If your a gas owner that bulletin applies.

Requirements are:

You must have had at least one year since your last oil change, but only have driven less than 6k. = free oil change

So if you had one year between your last free oil change, but drove 6001 miles your not entitled to a free oil change.

#26 ·
What ^ said.

The OP is a diesel owner, every year or 12K they need to automatically change the oil.

If your a gas owner that bulletin applies.

Requirements are:

You must have had at least one year since your last oil change, but only have driven less than 6k. = free oil change

So if you had one year between your last free oil change, but drove 6001 miles your not entitled to a free oil change.
Our dealer still does a annual oil change for our '12 X5 35i under the free maintenance plan even though we do about 12k miles per year. I asked our service adviser about it when we bought the car and he was very positive about it (we've been using the same service adviser for about 10 years). It's usually followed by the computer-indicated oil change about 4 months later. Makes for an odd 12-4-12 month type of pattern.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.