BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Will the 2016 look any different than the 2015?

9K views 61 replies 27 participants last post by  ach1302 
#1 ·
I couldn't find any 2015s in inventory close to me that had what I wanted, so I ordered a 2016 today. This will be my first BMW, and I'm super excited! I got the xdrive28i in Mineral White with Saddle Brown interior, Driver Asst, Premium and Technology packages. I'm not the most patient person, so the wait is gonna be hard...

#39 ·
Sorry, these are not the best pics. The weather has been so crappy since my car came home. Here is one the dealer sent me from the showroom floor (I got to drive it out of the showroom - very cool), and the other two, I took today. I think it pretty much looks the same as the 2015.

#42 ·
Sorry, these are not the best pics. The weather has been so crappy since my car came home. Here is one the dealer sent me from the showroom floor (I got to drive it out of the showroom - very cool), and the other two, I took today. I think it pretty much looks the same as the 2015.

Nice car, are halogen headlights with a flat bottom? and LED fog lights? Usually the headlights are white and fogs are yellow, yours is backwards.

#43 ·
My 2016 35i is in; I pick it up Friday. Supposedly the only change from 2015 is the Harman Kardon stereo is now standard on the 35i ( and it costs $750 more to cover this addition).

It's interesting to note that the BMW USA website is not updated for the 2016 pricing and options.

#44 ·
I ordered a weather tech cargo liner, and it doesn't fit. Maybe the cargo area is redesigned for 2016?? On the back left side of the cargo area, there's a net attached. The weather tech liner had an extension like there would have been a cut out in that area, but there is none, so it doesn't lay flat. I don't even see cargo accessories for the 2016 on the BMW website. Guess I'll have to wait. I also ordered the maxpider 3d mats - those fit really well.

#45 ·
Truedat,

For the Maxpider 3D mats, did you get the full set, or just mats for the front seats? My X3 is coming in about 4 weeks, and am looking to get some all-weather mats for both front and back seats.

Also, concerning the cargo area, just to confirm, are you saying that there is no indented/cut-out area in the left side of the cargo area? The pics of the cargo area for the X3 at both the Weathertech website and BMW USA website (both presumably pics of 2015 model) show the cut-out area. Links to pics below:

http://www.weathertech.com/bmw/2015/x3/cargo-liner/

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Vehicles/2015/X3/xDrive35i/MediaGallery.aspx

#46 ·
Also, concerning the cargo area, just to confirm, are you saying that there is no indented/cut-out area in the left side of the cargo area? The pics of the cargo area for the X3 at both the Weathertech website and BMW USA website (both presumably pics of 2015 model) show the cut-out area. Links to pics below:

http://www.weathertech.com/bmw/2015/x3/cargo-liner/

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Vehicles/2015/X3/xDrive35i/MediaGallery.aspx
The bmw website shows the net making the cutout into a pouch ,which would prevent the liner from laying flat . The liner shown in weathertech website is built as if there is no net , but just a cut out . Might not fit unless the net is removed .

#57 · (Edited)
I have a 2016 X35i (took delivery May 1st)and the HID's(which self level and turn into the turns) with Halo come standard, as well as the Panoramic sunroof and HK stereo system. Those halo's are a bright white, look really cool. Also nifty LED fog lights that light up on the side of your turn if you turn sharp enough or both with the switch of course. The lighting package ups your headlights to the LED's, but its a pricey option that I'm sure will be standard in the next X3 update.

My 2016 with Tech, Premium and driver assist packages came out cheaper than the 2015's with the same options, took 3 weeks from order for arrival at the dealer.

Great car, you will certainly love it.

Also, I opted for the Driver Assist Plus to get the extra safety features. (In lieu of the LED headlights). The car has 5 cameras on board with surround view, nice for parking and so forth.

#54 ·
On the 35i the xenons with halos are standard. This is a $900 option on the 28i. Harman Kardon is also now standard on the 35i effective with May builds but the price increased over 2015 by almost as much as the cost of the HK option.

I ordered at the very end of April and my X3 was built May 4th with HK.

#59 ·
The lighting package (just the Xenons , no LED) is one of the best options I have on my X3. The Halo is bright white and looks really nice. I have automatic high beam and Variable Light Distribution coded in.
Although I am not sure if it is Anti Dazzle , I can surely see the high beam moving around a bit from left to right .
For these options to be coded in, the car needs to have an option which comes with a front facing camera (for the ACC I think) . Octopump helped me with the coding.

#60 ·
I was wondering if there was a way to get auto high beams without LED. I decided to get LED partly for the looks, partly for the auto high beams and partly so I can try coding for the anti-dazzle. I'm coming from halogens so I'm sure even Xenons would have been a big improvement. If I can get anti-dazzle working (not sure anyone has coded a 16 yet) I will be in geek heaven.

#62 ·
Me and my in-laws got a 2015 28d and 2016 x28i. I can not find any physical difference. I was told the front bumper area was different, but don't see it. They got 6.7% custom ordered at dealer with no 2015 in stock. We got 10% off 2015 from dealer off the lot. They got the new car in 3 weeks, picked up yesterday.

I'm hoping the 28d really does get better mileage than the 28i. I've only used it for 1 tankful. On a 50 each way, mostly hwy mileage no traffic, I got 42 mpg with a/c off, going back I got 38 w/a/c on. On very short trips,we're getting about 25. Still the car is not broken in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.