BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Well this sucks

4K views 60 replies 20 participants last post by  ///M-Furby 
#1 ·
Driving today and traffic got backed up and didn't have enough time to brake enough. Results.... Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Car Asphalt
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Luxury vehicle

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes..yes it does

#24 ·
Car doesn't have enough damage for it to be totalled. Getting everything fixed

#15 ·
That's "mostly cosmetic"? Do they realize the amount of electronics that sit in the front of the car? Make sure you get it fixed at a place that uses all OEM parts...nothing after market.

#22 ·
Yeah I agree. But luckily my girlfriend didn't bring her car to college so I'll be driving a 2005 325 with 174k miles for a few weeks

#26 ·
Youre right. Thank you

#30 ·
Does my car look totaled? Honestly

#33 · (Edited)
Does my car look totaled? Honestly

Hard to say, but it does not look like a cosmetic only damage.

Are the headlight housings intact?
Is the bumper support beam fixable?
How about the lower sub-frame?
The A/C compressor is another big repair item that can bring the total bill of repairs closer to 75% or more of the value of your car.
I assume the airbags didn't deploy.

P.S. If I am not mistaken you are one of the younger drivers, I would highly recommend attending a professional driving school, join the BMWCCA if not already and attend a few driving clinic events, etc.

#32 ·
No, I've been guilty for texting and driving and so has everyone else but this accident my phone was laying on my console

#40 ·
I didn't hit hard at all . I barley felt it. The trucks tow bar just got caught in my grille and banged it up

#46 ·
You've got some bad luck, kid. Well maybe you can tie your throttle issue in with this and get everything fixed in one shot :)

#47 ·
I'm hoping. I just don't know what to ask to look for!

#48 ·
"Ever since the accident, the car doesn't respond .... "

#52 ·
Well I am now able to buy oem clear corner headlights and a mtec bumper but the only problem I see is that the bumper doesn't have a undersheild to protect the engine bay from the rain and what not

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.