BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bimmerfest 2010 Put it on your calendar!

26K views 109 replies 53 participants last post by  GIANCARLO 
#1 ·
#4 · (Edited)
We are very happy to announce that Bimmerfest 2010 will be held on May 1, 2009 at the Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club once again. We are especially excited to be making this announcement earlier than ever this year. :thumbup:

Mark your calendars and start making your plans; with plenty of room to grow, Bimmerfest 2010 is going to be an amazing show!

We'll see you there! :D
Ummm, hey there silly boy, I'd edit it for you if I could, but ............!

ANYWAY, I'm stoked to here they ARE allowing us to come back, I feel honored, great job Mark! :thumbup:

See ya next year my Brotha! :thumbup:

#11 ·
Good to know, looking forward to it. Should be a fun drive there too :D

#14 ·
I hope to plan my yearly EU trip around Bimmerfest 2010.

#20 ·
Of course there will be a caravan, below is what I would need to get you on "the list", just PM me.

Info needed:

1. Your email address
2. Your REAL, FULL name (not forum name)
3. Model of BMW or Mini
4. Year
5. Color
6. City you're from

That's it, oh and be sure to click on the link next to my name below. :thumbup:

#25 ·
I hope they have more variety of vendors... Not so much of just 1 group of cars being catered too. I love e9x's and e46's and I drive an e36, but I would love to see vendors for the older, classic and vintage cars. It would be a great introduction to that market for those who plan on eventually someday restoring an older bmw.

Oh and ya the $40 entrance fee was surprising and unwelcoming to first timers. Is there anyway to drop it down a bit?

#26 ·
+1 on the vendors
I feel like I have seen every possible wheel configuration I can on a damn 3 series...and nothing at all for my cars...

thought there were some nice classics to look at and thats where you really learn is by bothering these people for info =)

#28 · (Edited)
Like everything else, time has changed, nothing is free forever. I remembered the first few bimmerfests that took place at Cutter Motors and then at the Fairground. They fed us lunch at cutter's for free. Plenty of soft drinks to go around. Here are a few pics from the good old days at Cutter and Earl Warren Fairground.

Attachments

#31 ·
Seems this is an ongoing event - and sounds very interesting - is there any info or write-up that would tell us newbies about it?

For example, if I came, I'd be driving from central Texas and I'd sure like to clean up my Z before entering the polo grounds. Is it a one day event? Is there a "headquarters" hotel where there would be get-togethers, etc? Are there any technical meetings? You get the idea - as Shultz would say - "I know nothing"!!

Thanks.

#43 · (Edited)
Seems this is an ongoing event since 2000 started at Cutter Motors in Santa Barbara, got too big moved to Earl Warren Showground, then moved to Polo Ground in 2009 - and sounds very interesting - is there any info or write-up that would tell us newbies about it? Do a search, located at the top, blue bar

For example, if I came, I'd be driving from central Texas and I'd sure like to clean up my Z before entering the polo grounds. There are several hotels festers have been staying. Check the posts for this year hotels. There will be a place where you can wash your car at the hotel. Is it a one day event? Yes, but normally there are festive dinners both Friday and Saturday nights in SB. Is there a "headquarters" hotel where there would be get-togethers, etc? Keep checking the posts. Are there any technical meetings? Not that I'm aware of. There are usually some equipment installation events at Bimmerfest. You get the idea - as Shultz would say - "I know nothing"!! My suggestion (been to most of them except the last few years because I was in Europe) since you will probably be in a hotel in SB is to get to the grounds early, find a good parking spot, walk to the freeway overcrossing and watch the caravan of BMWs enter the Polo grounds, TBD. Again, check the posts as there will be gathering places from San Diego to Orange County to San Fernando Valley and to Santa Barbara. I estimate there will be over 300 BMWs in the caravan, maybe many more in the caravan.
Thanks.
`

#36 ·
i used to have a seat belt thing for my dog and he was afraid of it and I could NOT get him into it...

got Progressive insurance...if you have a car with a full coverage policy under them they insure your dog or cat if you get into an accident up to 1000 bucks...pretty nifty, and you don't pay extra :thumbup:

#39 ·
We are very happy to announce that Bimmerfest 2010 will be held on May 1, 2010 at the Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club once again. We are especially excited to be making this announcement earlier than ever this year. :thumbup:

Mark your calendars and start making your plans; with plenty of room to grow, Bimmerfest 2010 is going to be an amazing show!

We'll see you there! :D
I'm there!!!

Myself, the wife, our twin babies, "Sabine" my E39 528, and I'm even gonna see if I can drag my lazy ass brother up there with his '08 Mini Cooper S and his girl with the '08 330ci

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.