Leak in '07 335 Conv - Page 11 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinSand View Post
Just got a phone call a few hours ago the new car is on order. Should have it at the end of October or early November!!!!!!

I still have a lot of questions, like about my insurance, how much they are reimbursing me, etc.
Great news, Sandy! Congratulations!!! Please do post pics of your new ride when you get it! Although, if they do mess up this new ride for you, I think my next car will be an R172 or whatever comes after that...

cheers,
suntan

2006 550i, Monaco Blue, Beige Leather, STEP Auto, Nav, Cold Weather, Premium Package.

Sold - 2006 330i, Monaco Blue, Beige Leather, STEP Auto, Nav, Cold Weather, Premium Package.

Sold - 2006 SLK350, Iridium Silver, Black Leather, 7-speed AT, Comfort Package, Heating Package.

Sold - 2006 530i, Titanium Gray, Black Leather, STEP Auto, Nav, Cold Weather, Premium Package.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:40 AM

Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalch View Post
that's strange, because when I put my vin into the search, it comes up with just "1 record"
Weird, it said three when I looked it up. But I didn't pay for the report....so I have no clue what they were "reporting."
Old 09-26-2007, 05:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 335i Convertible
That's weird. My car has 4 entries and the one (VIN WBAWL73587PX42288) I never took delivery of due to more than 3% damage at the port has 5 entries. I really should pull the CarFax report on the damaged car to see what BMW did with it.

2007 335i Convertible Alpine White, Coral Red Leather, Gray Poplar, 6MT, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, CA, Nav, PDC, 6FL, ZPD
Old 09-27-2007, 05:15 AM
Here since day one

Entries can range from anything from 'vehicle in dealer stock' as one to vehicle registered in town USA, NY as another ...

Other entires can be 'state inspection done', 'vehicle serviced' is another etc ...

This isn't the exact wording they use but if you run a report you'll get an idea of what I mean.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
Entries can range from anything from 'vehicle in dealer stock' as one to vehicle registered in town USA, NY as another ...

Other entires can be 'state inspection done', 'vehicle serviced' is another etc ...

This isn't the exact wording they use but if you run a report you'll get an idea of what I mean.
Oh okay. So saying that my car has three records, isn't that big of a deal. ...but it will be interesting to see what ends up happening to my car.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
Hi Sandy, I am sitting on the New London Ferry up in Ct. and I read the entire blog like it was some sort of novel-- very interesting and informative. I am glad things are working out for you. I am new member and I have a quick color choice question for you-- why are you going with black now and not staying with the gray interior? I am going to be ordering
- 335i
- Sparkling Graphite Metallic
- Gray leather
- Gray poplar trim
Seems to me this combo would look excellent. Is the black with the special treatment really OK to hop into if you leave the top down for a while in that Fla sun? I never really considered black because of the sun. I don't believe the BMW hype on that but maybe it's true?
Old 09-27-2007, 04:21 PM

Mein Auto: Z4
632 post in a little over a month???? Too many ? for me to believe this post. It does not go full circle! Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it. GH
Old 09-27-2007, 05:12 PM

Mein Auto: 12/06 Production E93/335
GH41,
i don't think I understand what you're saying?
Old 09-27-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjut01 View Post
Hi Sandy, I am sitting on the New London Ferry up in Ct. and I read the entire blog like it was some sort of novel-- very interesting and informative. I am glad things are working out for you. I am new member and I have a quick color choice question for you-- why are you going with black now and not staying with the gray interior? I am going to be ordering
- 335i
- Sparkling Graphite Metallic
- Gray leather
- Gray poplar trim
Seems to me this combo would look excellent. Is the black with the special treatment really OK to hop into if you leave the top down for a while in that Fla sun? I never really considered black because of the sun. I don't believe the BMW hype on that but maybe it's true?
Hey!

Glad you're enjoying all of this. I can think about everything we went through and not be too upset now, it's looking like everything's going to be "ok." ...but I'm not gonna call it a day until we are in the new ride!

Your car will looke beautiful, and you will be 100% thrilled with your choice!!!!

The gray NEVER got really hot. I like the look of the black better, but (like you mentioned) got the gray b/c I was worried about burning my butt on the black leather! Since it didn't really get very hott, and I got this "second chance" to order the car, we went with my original wish to get the black leather.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
632 post in a little over a month???? Too many ? for me to believe this post. It does not go full circle! Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it. GH
HUH?
Old 09-29-2007, 11:52 PM

Mein Auto: X5
Quote:
Ohhh, that will be intreasting! the vin is: WBAWL73537PX49424

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/check_orde...&PopUpStatus=0
keep the VIN of the loaner car, too. makes you wonder who ultimately will pay for the cost of the loaner car or the depreciation of it.

interesting story unfolding though. good thing you live in FL. i would've been soooo not getting to enjoy it in the summer, short as it is here.

gl.

Last edited by Eddie Bimmer; 09-29-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiea234 View Post
keep the VIN of the loaner car, too. makes you wonder who ultimately will pay for the cost of the loaner car or the depreciation of it.

interesting story unfolding though. good thing you live in FL. i would've been soooo not getting to enjoy it in the summer, short as it is here.

gl.
Our dealership has a whole fleet of loaners, so they just gave me one of thoes until I get my car.

God, I can't wait to get our car! ...November can't come soon enough!

Yes, I'm very fortunate (and thankful) to live in FL where we have convertible weather nearly year round! I woul be beyong pissed if I lived up north, where I only had a few months of sunny/warm weather!
Old 09-30-2007, 05:45 PM

Tell me about it. I should have had a mid-April delivery that turned into a mid-July delivery when my car was destroyed on the boat or the VPC. Never could get a straight answer from BMW or the dealer. I just got a new production number and started the whole process over again. I know it's tough, but for me I just couldn't find another retractable-hardtop that I was going to be happy with. It was so worth the wait now that I have the car. I know it must be so much more difficult since you actually took delivery of the car. November will come soon enough and you'll be back in the car you love. Good luck!

2007 335i Convertible Alpine White, Coral Red Leather, Gray Poplar, 6MT, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, CA, Nav, PDC, 6FL, ZPD
Old 10-01-2007, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbockley View Post
Tell me about it. I should have had a mid-April delivery that turned into a mid-July delivery when my car was destroyed on the boat or the VPC. Never could get a straight answer from BMW or the dealer. I just got a new production number and started the whole process over again. I know it's tough, but for me I just couldn't find another retractable-hardtop that I was going to be happy with. It was so worth the wait now that I have the car. I know it must be so much more difficult since you actually took delivery of the car. November will come soon enough and you'll be back in the car you love. Good luck!
Thank you! Glad you got your new car! I agree, we were having the same problem. ...We got exactly what we wanted. We were really struggling trying to figure out what we'd replace it with if BMW didn't come through. I"m so thankful that it seems to be working out. ...But, I'm still waiting until I get the new car to call it a day. Should have it in about a month! Woho!
Old 10-01-2007, 04:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 328i E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbockley View Post
That's weird. My car has 4 entries and the one (VIN WBAWL73587PX42288) I never took delivery of due to more than 3% damage at the port has 5 entries. I really should pull the CarFax report on the damaged car to see what BMW did with it.
Not sure if this is the same or not but in the last few days the dealer here had 3 cars with ED stickers on the lot for sale as new cars.

I asked what was up with that and they said they were cars that got damaged in a hail storm during redelivery. BMW reconditioned them and put them out for sale. They have to disclose the damage and work done.

ED Pick-up 03-25-2008
Drop-off 03-31-2008
Re-Delivery 05/27/2008

Old 10-03-2007, 09:41 AM

Kalch- How are things goig with your vehicle?
Old 10-10-2007, 06:58 AM

Still A Nightmare

So this thing continues to be a nightmare.

Originally the dealership said they'd pay off the loan we had on the car, and order me a new car... They said they had an allocation for the new car and we'd get it Late October/Early November.

My husband's been calling them for about a week now, and hasn't gotten a call back! ...Yesterday he FINALLY got word back, in the form of an email.

THE LOAN IS STILL NOT PAID OFF, and it's been nearly a month since they said it'd be paid off. ...so that our 18K cash (our down payment) that's still in the dealerships hands. That's kind of upsetting, b/c that a months worth of interest we could have made off of it. (I know not much, but every penny counts!)

AND to make matter worse they said we should expect the car LATE NOVEMBER now! WTF!!!!! ...oh and I still don't have a VIN # so I can track it.

I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS DEALERSHIP AGAIN. They would have to do something really sweet to make us consider buying another vehicle from them again. I have only found ONE freaking decent person in the management there.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:43 AM

Mein Auto: 08' 535i
Its not over till its over huh.......

What do I know anyway?

Old 10-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Protect your (lug) nuts

Mein Auto: '97 BMW 328i
Quote:

Originally the dealership said they'd pay off the loan we had on the car, and order me a new car... They said they had an allocation for the new car and we'd get it Late October/Early November.

My husband's been calling them for about a week now, and hasn't gotten a call back! ...Yesterday he FINALLY got word back, in the form of an email.

THE LOAN IS STILL NOT PAID OFF, and it's been nearly a month since they said it'd be paid off. ...so that our 18K cash (our down payment) that's still in the dealerships hands. That's kind of upsetting, b/c that a months worth of interest we could have made off of it. (I know not much, but every penny counts!)

AND to make matter worse they said we should expect the car LATE NOVEMBER now! WTF!!!!! ...oh and I still don't have a VIN # so I can track it.

I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS DEALERSHIP AGAIN. They would have to do something really sweet to make us consider buying another vehicle from them again. I have only found ONE freaking decent person in the management there.

Did you ever get an agreement in writing?

-- Henry David Thoreau
Old 10-10-2007, 08:58 AM

Quote:

Do you at least have a new production number? When my car was damaged at the port, I immediately received a new production number (which was not out of the dealer's allocation) and a priority build. Of course, it took the VPC over a month to admit the vehicle was destroyed.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:44 AM

No. Nothing in writing re the trade assist/buy back.

When we got the email best yesterday he said the loan should be paid off within a few days (though we've been hearing this for weeks).

NO, we haven't gotten any info regarding our production #. That's why I've been asking for the VIN. ...so I could track it online, like we did our first.

I called the General Manager first thing this AM, and at almost 3pm I haven't gotten word back. ...I guess that's how everyone at this dealership chooses to do business?

We are looking at a CPO X5 at another dealership. We may purchase that until all of this is worked out. I think that paying off our car, and getting the new one are two separate issues. The dealership paying off our loan, and us purchasing the new ride are two individual matters.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:45 AM

Just got a call from hubby. The 2006 X5 4.4i is on "hold."
Old 10-10-2007, 12:34 PM

You have a loaner. Do you really need to rush into an X5?
Call me pessimist, but make sure you don't end up with 2 (unecessary) cars payments...
- Frank Rizzo
Old 10-10-2007, 12:52 PM

Mein Auto: 03 325cic; 04 545i sport
[QUOTE=SailinSand;2708694]So this thing continues to be a nightmare.

You are lucky they are even agreeing to pay off loan. I would not penny pinch a couple hundred bucks (18k for one month) if you can get this resolved. I would of course want it to be paid off asap but I would get this in writing. No offense but I hope you get it resolved because I am tired of seeing this thread.
*01 325 ci black - retired
*00 323 ci titanium silver retired
Old 10-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Ich liebe mein BMW

Mein Auto: 15 M235i CV, 16 X1, 16 M5
Wow.. Bert smith has been a pain to deal with for me too. So I always go to Ferman. Hope it works out for you!
-2002 M5 LeMans Blue/Black, Rear Sunshade, M-Sound, Heated Seats, Xenon, PDC
-2004 M3 Convertible Silver Grey/Grey, SMG, Nav, HK Sound, Heated Seats, Xenon
-2007 335i Jet Black/Terra Leather, Premium, Sport, Step, Paddle, Nav, CA
-2006 525i Black Sapphire Metallic/Beige, Manual, Nav, HUD, PDC, Xenon
-2002 325i Orient Blue Metallic/Beige, Manual, Sunroof

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search