BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Pirelli Cinturato P7

10K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  dKk 
#1 ·
Just found out i have a puncture in one of my summer (all season) stock goodyear run flat tires. Dealer says the tire now out of production and recommending the all season pirelli cinturato p7 . Anyone have experience with this tire? I have a 2011 535xdriveGT and 18 inch wheels. I do use dedicated winter tires as well so these ones are for three seasons only.
Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
First, I'd consider calling Goodyear. At least at one on-line dealer (www.tirerack.com) they have them in stock. Not sure what's available in Canada, though.

With an x-drive, there are limits on the variations in tire diameter, and you should never mix brands, at least on the same axle, and it's not a great idea even then, so it could mean buying more than one. Tires of different diameter can cause the computer to think that it's slipping and keep the differentials working when they shouldn't be, plus stability can be compromised.

#3 · (Edited)
Look into the michelins A/S 3. they're not out yet in the States, supposedly coming out in 'summer', but I think they're already available in Canada. Looks to be an excellent tire (tyre? :) ). I don't like the goodyears, though, but they're still available in the US.

Btw, goodyear will (at least in the US) warrant the tire for road hazard, giving you an allowance towards a new G-Y tire. (in my case they offered $50 based on treadwear). Look at your tire warranty booklet/cd. may save you a few $$$

#4 ·
im curious about this new pirelli p7 as well i have heard good things but it is not widely reviewed???

#5 ·
Depending on the size you need, they have 3-4 different versions of the P7, summer, all-season, RFT and probably more. On some versions, the treadwear warranty is 70K miles, and instead of being optional on some brands, the road hazard warranty is included. When the time comes to replace, I may check these out more carefully, but hope that's awhile yet. I swap to winter tires for that season, so the time is extended. There are a few comments at Tirerack, but it's not extensive.

#6 ·
Pirelli P7's

I have owned my new 328 M Sport for a couple months, and this generation of Pirelli P7 Run Flats have a nice ride and handling feel. We have some pretty nasty roads here in Upstate N.Y., and my Bimmer is handling them well. I have about 5K miles on them so far. Good treadwear (500) and Traction ratings (A) too.

Run Flats gotta be all this BMW EfficientDynamics stuff with weight; every pound counts these days. I will replace with same if the mileage is as good as the performance.

Don't like the Conti's that I see on these as well; very cheap tire IMO.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Attachments

#8 ·
Just had same problem , big puncture with big bang
I saw something last sec but didnt have time to move
Have original Good year eagle LS2 245-45-18 V100
Discount tire...tirerack...nobody can deliver below few weeks
Some even months.....
Anyway called bmw and lucky they have in stock
Tire 380$ + 30$ installation at discount tire
tires have only 5k miles so i bought just one and fitted in rear

#9 ·
Did you check out the Tire Warranty on the DVD in your glove box? The GY LS2's come with a factory (i.e. "free") road hazard warranty. With only 5,000 miles on the tires, GY should have reimbursed you for +/- 75% of the tire cost, plus paid for the mounting, balancing, TPMS rebuild and maybe the alignment.

Sounds like not reading the warranty cost you +/- $350.

When the LS2's were out of stock for the F10's, GY went so far as to replace ALL FOUR TIRES on some owners cars with competitors tires. (I was secretly hoping our F10 would get a flat, so that GY would buy me a set of decent tires from a competitor).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.